Used 2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Great Car
By Eric

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car is now two years old, 36,000 miles and no problems. Just finally took it back to the dealer for the first time to have the breaks checked, need new pads on the front. I do have the oil changed about every 8,000 files. Best car I've ever owned for quality and reliability. Not happy to see the 2010 model has the gas on the passenger side yuck. I think I'll keep my 2008 for a while.

Remote Start, Front Seats, Easy to read and use dash and center buttons. I like the flat front dashboard.

The garage door button is a bit flimsy. Some times have to press it 2 or 3 times to work.

2nd One Owned
By Happy Buick

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought CXL last Jan. so after a year and about 6,000 miles, it is still a good car. Bought a new CXS in 2005 and liked it so much, bought another one this past year. On the strength side, I like the exterior and interior (dash) looks and its nice ride for these old bones. On the negative side, the gas mileage is putrid at about 17 in town and 25 on the highway. Liked the Lucerne but felt it was too big.

Rides and looks great!

Improve the gas mileage like the old Buicks! My old 2000 Park Ave. used to get regularly around 29 mpg and its predecessor the 98 LaSabre got 30 mpg on the highway.

Using Oil
By Senior Driver

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car, except it uses oil. First 3000 miles, used two extra quarts, dealer says drive it and it will get better. Second 3500 miles, used one and a half extra quarts of oil. I quess this is better, but I don't think good. Dealer says keep watching it and one quart in 3000 miles is acceptable. Maybe to him but not to me. I ask that it be recorded on my record. Hope they did it. If it doesn't improve, I going to try going to Buick.

Like the looks, inside and out. Nice car to drive.

Only unhappy with the usage.

Great Car on Base Price
By Tammy

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this 08 LaCrosse in April, 2008, have 20,000 on it already and love it! Got the base model, but it's a Buick! So it has all the creature comforts--power windows, door locks, and driver seat; cruise, tilt--and great gas mileage. Good git-up-and-go and plenty of room inside. Nice sized steering wheel for a womans hands. Only knock is the trunk is a little narrow to get a large suitcase into and out of easily, but I love the trunk release design! Overall, a great vehicle for the money.

The trunk release with the interior lock button. Like the redesigned waterfall front with chrome wheels-- sharp looking vehicle.

Slightly wider trunk opening to accomodate a 27" suitcase or large cooler.

Got A Lemon Too!
By Super Unhappy

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We live 75 miles from the dealer, bought a 2008 la cross new. After 4 trips back to fix all the scratches, 5 trips back and forth for the vibration & also a set of new tires, we still have the vibration!They are telling me that it is the road surface and not the car, we are disappointed & I will turn it in as a lemon as it is!What a disgrace to the name of Buick, just read another unhappy person's review with the vibration problem in here too, need to take some action, what is going on? why do they blame the roads for a vibration in the car, it will be a Toyota for us, and that is to sad.

I like the Onstar,Satelite Radio,Scarlet color,body style,quiet engine,lots of power, and nice wheels.

Better gas mileage, more comfortable seats,handle above the passenger side door, just build a better Buick so to be able to go by their slogan "Wouldn't you really, really, rather have a Buick?"