2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
too many annoying quirks
By guest21 on 06/20/13 07:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

cloth interior holds lint impossible to vacuum. Rotors warped after 10,000 miles ( now buy expensive brakes and rotors, to fix. problems with the transmission clunking into drive. took to get fixed, they said it didn't exist. Still clunks into drive after being in reverse passenger locks quit working after 50,000 miles. gas mileage was great at first, now get no more than 20mpg on highway 16mpg town Supposed to come equipped with a radio that tells the name of the song. Nope. My 2006 Nissan van does that. The tire pressure gauge kept going off and the interior light on the gear shifter went out 10,000 miles. door seal leaks sometimes.

Worst Investment I've ever made!!!!!
By StickWithFORD on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has caused me nothing but problems. The day after driving it off the lot my "service tires" light came on. When I had it checked out at the dealersship I was told the pressure sensor was cracked. The dealership refused to pay for the repairs claiming it was my fault. The tires wear too easily due to the faulty rear struts. The car rattles horribly like its going to fall apart, the doors are 2 low, always hitting my head getting in. Now the car whines like a dying cat & I have gone from replacing fluid monthly to daily. The keyless entry hasnt worked since the 3rd month of me having the car. I see im not the only 1 with these issues. Entire car should be recalled. Back to Ford for me

Good but could be better
By g. edmonds on 07/13/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Buick, but not my favorite. My '02 Buick Regal was more comfortable to drive. The front windshield is set at an odd angle. I lose my peripheral vision in certain instances (possibly due to sleek design - I checked the 2010 and it does not have this problem) and the self-darkening interior rear view mirror is not dark enough for cars that have high beams &/or maladjusted running lights. Otherwise it handles well and has good pick-up. Car has only 19,000 miles and so far, no major problems. Interior front passenger carpet keeps coming away from frame. I've had it in for repairs 5 times.

Great Car
By Eric on 03/28/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car is now two years old, 36,000 miles and no problems. Just finally took it back to the dealer for the first time to have the breaks checked, need new pads on the front. I do have the oil changed about every 8,000 files. Best car I've ever owned for quality and reliability. Not happy to see the 2010 model has the gas on the passenger side yuck. I think I'll keep my 2008 for a while.

Good for the Money
By jmcycle on 08/30/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Got the 08 CX new as a Company Car Good: Very supportive seats. A lot of standard features for base model. Bad: Fuel mileage is horrible. I'm lucky to get 24 highway and avg 16 city. My Honda Odyssey gets better mileage and it is taller, heavier, and has more hp. Driver seat started squeaking at 20k miles-I only weigh 185lbs. Brakes went at 20k miles- almost all highway. I've never had brakes go anywhere near that quickly. Steering wheel made a clicking sound- several dealers couldn't find the problem. Left windshield wiper splashes water on right side and right wiper missed it. key fob died-even after repl. btry. A lot of minor annoying problems that were expensive and inconvenient to fix

buick lacrosse
By dianne on 07/29/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick, love the new design, my son said it doesn't look like a old person car like the ones in the pass. The car had 20,000 miles when I got it. Has a vibration problem had tires balance no help, call dealership they said new tires, don't thing that the problem, my old century and lasabre rides better than this and they had 185,000 miles. The driver seat is unsuportive has some give.

Vibration
By ray ham on 06/01/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I read the reviews about the vibration. We took ours to a tire shop and they told us the vibration was due to the rear struts being out of line. We took it to the dealer and they put in some shims to align the rear. They also said it was due to a factory defect. However they didn't want to accept responsibility for the ruined tires. Hope this helps anyone else with vibration problems.

2nd One Owned
By Happy Buick on 02/15/09 17:18 PM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought CXL last Jan. so after a year and about 6,000 miles, it is still a good car. Bought a new CXS in 2005 and liked it so much, bought another one this past year. On the strength side, I like the exterior and interior (dash) looks and its nice ride for these old bones. On the negative side, the gas mileage is putrid at about 17 in town and 25 on the highway. Liked the Lucerne but felt it was too big.

dissappointed yet happy
By stimpy on 02/11/09 13:19 PM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to get the CXL because of some features it had, but did not want leather seats. So we had to get the CX in order to get cloth seats. Our 97 Century Limited had cloth seats (Buick let me down on this one). Mileage is dissappointing, 28 highway / 19 city. Our old Century got 30+ highway. But this LaCrosse is a very enjoyable and fun car to drive. It is comfortable, pleasant to look at, and despite my dissappointment with the leather seat issue, a really nice car. Guess we'll keep it til Buick comes up with one that will get 35 - 40 mpg! With the sleeker styling, I do keep brushing my head against the top of the door each time I get in.

Using Oil
By Senior Driver on 12/11/08 10:09 AM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car, except it uses oil. First 3000 miles, used two extra quarts, dealer says drive it and it will get better. Second 3500 miles, used one and a half extra quarts of oil. I quess this is better, but I don't think good. Dealer says keep watching it and one quart in 3000 miles is acceptable. Maybe to him but not to me. I ask that it be recorded on my record. Hope they did it. If it doesn't improve, I going to try going to Buick.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.