Used 2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

too many annoying quirks
By guest21

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

cloth interior holds lint impossible to vacuum. Rotors warped after 10,000 miles ( now buy expensive brakes and rotors, to fix. problems with the transmission clunking into drive. took to get fixed, they said it didn't exist. Still clunks into drive after being in reverse passenger locks quit working after 50,000 miles. gas mileage was great at first, now get no more than 20mpg on highway 16mpg town Supposed to come equipped with a radio that tells the name of the song. Nope. My 2006 Nissan van does that. The tire pressure gauge kept going off and the interior light on the gear shifter went out 10,000 miles. door seal leaks sometimes.

Great Color Smooth ride Quiet sun roof large trunk powerful

Worst Investment I've ever made!!!!!
By StickWithFORD

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has caused me nothing but problems. The day after driving it off the lot my "service tires" light came on. When I had it checked out at the dealersship I was told the pressure sensor was cracked. The dealership refused to pay for the repairs claiming it was my fault. The tires wear too easily due to the faulty rear struts. The car rattles horribly like its going to fall apart, the doors are 2 low, always hitting my head getting in. Now the car whines like a dying cat & I have gone from replacing fluid monthly to daily. The keyless entry hasnt worked since the 3rd month of me having the car. I see im not the only 1 with these issues. Entire car should be recalled. Back to Ford for me

Radio

Recall all 2008 Buick Lacrosse Models. They do not care about what the customers are experiencing with this car. These issues start out small but can become serious quickly. Does someone have to die before Buick takes action????? Truly Sad

Good but could be better
By g. edmonds

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Buick, but not my favorite. My '02 Buick Regal was more comfortable to drive. The front windshield is set at an odd angle. I lose my peripheral vision in certain instances (possibly due to sleek design - I checked the 2010 and it does not have this problem) and the self-darkening interior rear view mirror is not dark enough for cars that have high beams &/or maladjusted running lights. Otherwise it handles well and has good pick-up. Car has only 19,000 miles and so far, no major problems. Interior front passenger carpet keeps coming away from frame. I've had it in for repairs 5 times.

Dual climate control, electronic seat adjustment, trunk access on front door lock button, remote start, great radio, comfort seating for long drives, heated seats.

Better mileage, longer front seat arm rest, flip-down back seat trunk access, better ability to control darkness level on interior rear view mirror

Great Car
By Eric

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car is now two years old, 36,000 miles and no problems. Just finally took it back to the dealer for the first time to have the breaks checked, need new pads on the front. I do have the oil changed about every 8,000 files. Best car I've ever owned for quality and reliability. Not happy to see the 2010 model has the gas on the passenger side yuck. I think I'll keep my 2008 for a while.

Remote Start, Front Seats, Easy to read and use dash and center buttons. I like the flat front dashboard.

The garage door button is a bit flimsy. Some times have to press it 2 or 3 times to work.

Good for the Money
By jmcycle

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Got the 08 CX new as a Company Car Good: Very supportive seats. A lot of standard features for base model. Bad: Fuel mileage is horrible. I'm lucky to get 24 highway and avg 16 city. My Honda Odyssey gets better mileage and it is taller, heavier, and has more hp. Driver seat started squeaking at 20k miles-I only weigh 185lbs. Brakes went at 20k miles- almost all highway. I've never had brakes go anywhere near that quickly. Steering wheel made a clicking sound- several dealers couldn't find the problem. Left windshield wiper splashes water on right side and right wiper missed it. key fob died-even after repl. btry. A lot of minor annoying problems that were expensive and inconvenient to fix

Love the leather wrapped steering wheel; standard options on base model- Onstar, satellite radio, dual automatic climate control

4 speed tranny outdated; add a gear or two for better fuel mileage. Improve build quality on seat springs, brakes, steering. Interior styling is cheap looking compared to comparable vehicles. Can't open sunroof w/o also opening a window or else severe buffeting. Not the case on my Honda.