Used 2008 Buick LaCrosse CX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Good but could be better
By g. edmonds

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Buick, but not my favorite. My '02 Buick Regal was more comfortable to drive. The front windshield is set at an odd angle. I lose my peripheral vision in certain instances (possibly due to sleek design - I checked the 2010 and it does not have this problem) and the self-darkening interior rear view mirror is not dark enough for cars that have high beams &/or maladjusted running lights. Otherwise it handles well and has good pick-up. Car has only 19,000 miles and so far, no major problems. Interior front passenger carpet keeps coming away from frame. I've had it in for repairs 5 times.

Favorite Features

Dual climate control, electronic seat adjustment, trunk access on front door lock button, remote start, great radio, comfort seating for long drives, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage, longer front seat arm rest, flip-down back seat trunk access, better ability to control darkness level on interior rear view mirror

too many annoying quirks
By guest21

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

cloth interior holds lint impossible to vacuum. Rotors warped after 10,000 miles ( now buy expensive brakes and rotors, to fix. problems with the transmission clunking into drive. took to get fixed, they said it didn't exist. Still clunks into drive after being in reverse passenger locks quit working after 50,000 miles. gas mileage was great at first, now get no more than 20mpg on highway 16mpg town Supposed to come equipped with a radio that tells the name of the song. Nope. My 2006 Nissan van does that. The tire pressure gauge kept going off and the interior light on the gear shifter went out 10,000 miles. door seal leaks sometimes.

Favorite Features

Great Color Smooth ride Quiet sun roof large trunk powerful

Worst Investment I've ever made!!!!!
By StickWithFORD

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has caused me nothing but problems. The day after driving it off the lot my "service tires" light came on. When I had it checked out at the dealersship I was told the pressure sensor was cracked. The dealership refused to pay for the repairs claiming it was my fault. The tires wear too easily due to the faulty rear struts. The car rattles horribly like its going to fall apart, the doors are 2 low, always hitting my head getting in. Now the car whines like a dying cat & I have gone from replacing fluid monthly to daily. The keyless entry hasnt worked since the 3rd month of me having the car. I see im not the only 1 with these issues. Entire car should be recalled. Back to Ford for me

Favorite Features

Radio

Suggested Improvements

Recall all 2008 Buick Lacrosse Models. They do not care about what the customers are experiencing with this car. These issues start out small but can become serious quickly. Does someone have to die before Buick takes action????? Truly Sad

buick lacrosse
By dianne

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick, love the new design, my son said it doesn't look like a old person car like the ones in the pass. The car had 20,000 miles when I got it. Has a vibration problem had tires balance no help, call dealership they said new tires, don't thing that the problem, my old century and lasabre rides better than this and they had 185,000 miles. The driver seat is unsuportive has some give.

Favorite Features

the new design.

Suggested Improvements

get the vibration straight out so it rides like the buick's in the past. a little better seats.

Good for the Money
By jmcycle

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Got the 08 CX new as a Company Car Good: Very supportive seats. A lot of standard features for base model. Bad: Fuel mileage is horrible. I'm lucky to get 24 highway and avg 16 city. My Honda Odyssey gets better mileage and it is taller, heavier, and has more hp. Driver seat started squeaking at 20k miles-I only weigh 185lbs. Brakes went at 20k miles- almost all highway. I've never had brakes go anywhere near that quickly. Steering wheel made a clicking sound- several dealers couldn't find the problem. Left windshield wiper splashes water on right side and right wiper missed it. key fob died-even after repl. btry. A lot of minor annoying problems that were expensive and inconvenient to fix

Favorite Features

Love the leather wrapped steering wheel; standard options on base model- Onstar, satellite radio, dual automatic climate control

Suggested Improvements

4 speed tranny outdated; add a gear or two for better fuel mileage. Improve build quality on seat springs, brakes, steering. Interior styling is cheap looking compared to comparable vehicles. Can't open sunroof w/o also opening a window or else severe buffeting. Not the case on my Honda.