2008 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
too many annoying quirks
By guest21 on 06/20/13 07:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

cloth interior holds lint impossible to vacuum. Rotors warped after 10,000 miles ( now buy expensive brakes and rotors, to fix. problems with the transmission clunking into drive. took to get fixed, they said it didn't exist. Still clunks into drive after being in reverse passenger locks quit working after 50,000 miles. gas mileage was great at first, now get no more than 20mpg on highway 16mpg town Supposed to come equipped with a radio that tells the name of the song. Nope. My 2006 Nissan van does that. The tire pressure gauge kept going off and the interior light on the gear shifter went out 10,000 miles. door seal leaks sometimes.

Worst Investment I've ever made!!!!!
By StickWithFORD on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has caused me nothing but problems. The day after driving it off the lot my "service tires" light came on. When I had it checked out at the dealersship I was told the pressure sensor was cracked. The dealership refused to pay for the repairs claiming it was my fault. The tires wear too easily due to the faulty rear struts. The car rattles horribly like its going to fall apart, the doors are 2 low, always hitting my head getting in. Now the car whines like a dying cat & I have gone from replacing fluid monthly to daily. The keyless entry hasnt worked since the 3rd month of me having the car. I see im not the only 1 with these issues. Entire car should be recalled. Back to Ford for me

Good but could be better
By g. edmonds on 07/13/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Buick, but not my favorite. My '02 Buick Regal was more comfortable to drive. The front windshield is set at an odd angle. I lose my peripheral vision in certain instances (possibly due to sleek design - I checked the 2010 and it does not have this problem) and the self-darkening interior rear view mirror is not dark enough for cars that have high beams &/or maladjusted running lights. Otherwise it handles well and has good pick-up. Car has only 19,000 miles and so far, no major problems. Interior front passenger carpet keeps coming away from frame. I've had it in for repairs 5 times.

Good for the Money
By jmcycle on 08/30/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Got the 08 CX new as a Company Car Good: Very supportive seats. A lot of standard features for base model. Bad: Fuel mileage is horrible. I'm lucky to get 24 highway and avg 16 city. My Honda Odyssey gets better mileage and it is taller, heavier, and has more hp. Driver seat started squeaking at 20k miles-I only weigh 185lbs. Brakes went at 20k miles- almost all highway. I've never had brakes go anywhere near that quickly. Steering wheel made a clicking sound- several dealers couldn't find the problem. Left windshield wiper splashes water on right side and right wiper missed it. key fob died-even after repl. btry. A lot of minor annoying problems that were expensive and inconvenient to fix

buick lacrosse
By dianne on 07/29/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick, love the new design, my son said it doesn't look like a old person car like the ones in the pass. The car had 20,000 miles when I got it. Has a vibration problem had tires balance no help, call dealership they said new tires, don't thing that the problem, my old century and lasabre rides better than this and they had 185,000 miles. The driver seat is unsuportive has some give.

dissappointed yet happy
By stimpy on 02/11/09 13:19 PM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to get the CXL because of some features it had, but did not want leather seats. So we had to get the CX in order to get cloth seats. Our 97 Century Limited had cloth seats (Buick let me down on this one). Mileage is dissappointing, 28 highway / 19 city. Our old Century got 30+ highway. But this LaCrosse is a very enjoyable and fun car to drive. It is comfortable, pleasant to look at, and despite my dissappointment with the leather seat issue, a really nice car. Guess we'll keep it til Buick comes up with one that will get 35 - 40 mpg! With the sleeker styling, I do keep brushing my head against the top of the door each time I get in.

Lexus at a Toyota price
By joe on 09/28/08 13:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car. Rides smooth and is very quiet. Classy looking interior for the price.

Best car for the dollar
By CB in Ohio on 09/22/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot, 5600 in the past month and a half. The gas mileage is great for the size of car, avg. city/hwy now 26.4. Straight highway-no air on, I got 29.9 over several hundred miles through hilly terrain. I love the ride

I'm buying GM cars again!
By Volvo Lover on 07/11/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am willing to bet that at 31, I am the youngest person to write a review on this car! LoL! My last vehicle was a Volvo S70, so don't think I am someone who blindly loves GM. When I heard Buick was #1 in reliability from JD Powers, I decided to check them out. It had everytihng I wanted; pleanty of options, under 25k, excellent record of reliability, V6 power, comfortable ride, etc. I was acutally looking at Volvo S40s and Audi A3s, but stopped by the Buick dealer on whim. Overall, the Buick had more HP and standard options than the others, but most importantly, it has a much better warranty! I liked the fact that Buick stands by their product for 100k miles! I am pleasently surprised!

Over rated Buick
By Bob on 04/16/08 22:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've read the other review and wonder what car they are driving. Thankfully this is a lease car from my company, and I cannot wait to be rid of it. Seating is uncomfortable 6ft 170 lb male. Very poor gas mileage around 20. Buy a Honda Accord or a Ford 500/Taurus. Soft suspension, vague handling. Climate control is a real pain to work with, requires constant attention. Styling - misses the mark as compared to the others out there. Quality - cheap plastic, noise, etc. I rent cars almost every week as I travel, and get to drive SUV's, sedans, etc. The Saturns are better than this. How does GM get away with this trash? Same as a Chevy Impala, at least it looks slight better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.