2008 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
2008 Buick Super
By stuoliaberomon on 05/30/14 12:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The car is great but has poor reliability. All the engine gaskets had to be replaced due to oil leaks, the oil pump failed which scored the the crankshaft, the key FOB's fail about every year or so (I am on #5 right now) and now the air bag warning light is on. It is in the shop now to find out what the problem is. The day/night dashboard lighting has not working properly for the last few years. The front wheel bearing failed a year ago. The CD changer does not work at times and the radio changes stations without warning at times. I have 55000 miles on it. I bought it new.

Love/Hate this Buick
By dulloldad on 04/09/14 12:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 08 Lacrosse Super in January, 2009. Currently have about 42 k miles. Engine, 5.3L V-8, has been apart twice to replace lifters (GM TSB #06-06-05-001E). considerable vibration when AFM in 4 cyl mode (GM TSB #06-06-05-001E) Clear coat peeled from door pillars, glover box door latch broke, power Drivers Seat gear broke! Memory seats and power recline were not available! Have had same AFM problems with 5.3L in my 2011 Suburban!! Have had 11 NEW GM products and 2 new Jeeps plus several used cars/trucks since 1980. Will not buy another GM product new or used!!

too many annoying quirks
By guest21 on 06/20/13 07:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

cloth interior holds lint impossible to vacuum. Rotors warped after 10,000 miles ( now buy expensive brakes and rotors, to fix. problems with the transmission clunking into drive. took to get fixed, they said it didn't exist. Still clunks into drive after being in reverse passenger locks quit working after 50,000 miles. gas mileage was great at first, now get no more than 20mpg on highway 16mpg town Supposed to come equipped with a radio that tells the name of the song. Nope. My 2006 Nissan van does that. The tire pressure gauge kept going off and the interior light on the gear shifter went out 10,000 miles. door seal leaks sometimes.

Love it so far!
By spinmytires on 08/07/12 12:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought an 08 LaCrosse Super, and so far, I love it. It is roomy, and the heated seats feel great after a long day at work. I like how it isn't over the top with gizmos and gadgets on the dash, but has enough to make me feel I am getting what I paid for. The ride is smooth, and it isn't jumpy when accelerating. I like the shorter stopping distances. I have seen a lot of reviews elsewhere that seem to think this is a sports car. No, this is a luxury sedan. I'm not in my 80's I'm in my 20's, and enjoy all of the comfort, and all of the horsepower. I don't intend on using this car to run the Daytona 500, so, who cares about RWD vs FWD? It's big, comfy and should be great in snow

Super Lux
By lacrosse2008 on 06/07/12 22:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With the Supers being so rare, I had to go check it out when I saw the classified ad at a local dealer. It was love at first sight. I always thought the LaCrosse was sharp, and the Super takes that a step further. Being black with the tasteful chrome trim, including the optional chrome wheels, it gets compliment after compliment. Wasnt sure how I felt about the dark brown interior but it has grown on me. Love the power and ride, but after only a couple of months of ownership, the transmission has had to be completely overhauled. Since its still under warranty, Im taking it in stride. Other than that I have been nothing but happy with it.

Worst Investment I've ever made!!!!!
By StickWithFORD on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has caused me nothing but problems. The day after driving it off the lot my "service tires" light came on. When I had it checked out at the dealersship I was told the pressure sensor was cracked. The dealership refused to pay for the repairs claiming it was my fault. The tires wear too easily due to the faulty rear struts. The car rattles horribly like its going to fall apart, the doors are 2 low, always hitting my head getting in. Now the car whines like a dying cat & I have gone from replacing fluid monthly to daily. The keyless entry hasnt worked since the 3rd month of me having the car. I see im not the only 1 with these issues. Entire car should be recalled. Back to Ford for me

Good but could be better
By g. edmonds on 07/13/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Buick, but not my favorite. My '02 Buick Regal was more comfortable to drive. The front windshield is set at an odd angle. I lose my peripheral vision in certain instances (possibly due to sleek design - I checked the 2010 and it does not have this problem) and the self-darkening interior rear view mirror is not dark enough for cars that have high beams &/or maladjusted running lights. Otherwise it handles well and has good pick-up. Car has only 19,000 miles and so far, no major problems. Interior front passenger carpet keeps coming away from frame. I've had it in for repairs 5 times.

super bad
By jeff on 05/06/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

steering arm at 1ooo miles forth set of struts at 36000 rack and pinion at 35000 steering makes noise yet power steering pump whining now buick claims no defect because we drive 2.5 miles of gravel to town. Having a hard time talking to dist. specialist they claim I should know to call them before 24000 miles. How? I have driven 3000 miles for repairs and they are charging me .35 cents per mile if they would buy me out. What a sad day for buick, worst costumer sat. ever. Car is litteraly shaking apart,ruff ride and noisy going on interstate. rear window rattle door latch replaced Insulation front fender falling out. I have 5 other vehicles that havent had any of these repairs.

su-purr review update
By zeke on 04/29/10 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wrote 1st review 03/03/08 soon after purchase. Car still fun to drive. Only fault is door pillar trim starting to fade but dealer is going to replace. Sometimes a "grunt" from steering when turning all the way left and dealer is watching this too before the warranty rus out. Now have 40,000 miles and still great driver. This cart is different from 95% of the cars being reviewed on this page. This is a super not cx, cl, cxl etc. So most of the reviews written here do nor reflect the lax super.

Great Car
By Eric on 03/28/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car is now two years old, 36,000 miles and no problems. Just finally took it back to the dealer for the first time to have the breaks checked, need new pads on the front. I do have the oil changed about every 8,000 files. Best car I've ever owned for quality and reliability. Not happy to see the 2010 model has the gas on the passenger side yuck. I think I'll keep my 2008 for a while.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.