Used 2008 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

2008 Buick Super
By stuoliaberomon

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The car is great but has poor reliability. All the engine gaskets had to be replaced due to oil leaks, the oil pump failed which scored the the crankshaft, the key FOB's fail about every year or so (I am on #5 right now) and now the air bag warning light is on. It is in the shop now to find out what the problem is. The day/night dashboard lighting has not working properly for the last few years. The front wheel bearing failed a year ago. The CD changer does not work at times and the radio changes stations without warning at times. I have 55000 miles on it. I bought it new.

It is quiet, peppy and comfortable. I enjoy driving it when it is working.

GM does not have to improve a thing since I will never buy a GM car again.

Love/Hate this Buick
By dulloldad

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 08 Lacrosse Super in January, 2009. Currently have about 42 k miles. Engine, 5.3L V-8, has been apart twice to replace lifters (GM TSB #06-06-05-001E). considerable vibration when AFM in 4 cyl mode (GM TSB #06-06-05-001E) Clear coat peeled from door pillars, glover box door latch broke, power Drivers Seat gear broke! Memory seats and power recline were not available! Have had same AFM problems with 5.3L in my 2011 Suburban!! Have had 11 NEW GM products and 2 new Jeeps plus several used cars/trucks since 1980. Will not buy another GM product new or used!!

Comfort (except NO memory seats or Power Recline on front seat backs).

From what I have seen new LaCrosse (now largest Buick) has less interior room and smaller trunk. GM needs to get it right the first time and not wait for years before fixing known problems.

too many annoying quirks
By guest21

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

cloth interior holds lint impossible to vacuum. Rotors warped after 10,000 miles ( now buy expensive brakes and rotors, to fix. problems with the transmission clunking into drive. took to get fixed, they said it didn't exist. Still clunks into drive after being in reverse passenger locks quit working after 50,000 miles. gas mileage was great at first, now get no more than 20mpg on highway 16mpg town Supposed to come equipped with a radio that tells the name of the song. Nope. My 2006 Nissan van does that. The tire pressure gauge kept going off and the interior light on the gear shifter went out 10,000 miles. door seal leaks sometimes.

Great Color Smooth ride Quiet sun roof large trunk powerful

Love it so far!
By spinmytires

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought an 08 LaCrosse Super, and so far, I love it. It is roomy, and the heated seats feel great after a long day at work. I like how it isn't over the top with gizmos and gadgets on the dash, but has enough to make me feel I am getting what I paid for. The ride is smooth, and it isn't jumpy when accelerating. I like the shorter stopping distances. I have seen a lot of reviews elsewhere that seem to think this is a sports car. No, this is a luxury sedan. I'm not in my 80's I'm in my 20's, and enjoy all of the comfort, and all of the horsepower. I don't intend on using this car to run the Daytona 500, so, who cares about RWD vs FWD? It's big, comfy and should be great in snow

Large cabin, large trunk, comfortable seats, heated seats, quiet smooth ride,

I would love an aux outlet.

Super Lux
By lacrosse2008

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With the Supers being so rare, I had to go check it out when I saw the classified ad at a local dealer. It was love at first sight. I always thought the LaCrosse was sharp, and the Super takes that a step further. Being black with the tasteful chrome trim, including the optional chrome wheels, it gets compliment after compliment. Wasnt sure how I felt about the dark brown interior but it has grown on me. Love the power and ride, but after only a couple of months of ownership, the transmission has had to be completely overhauled. Since its still under warranty, Im taking it in stride. Other than that I have been nothing but happy with it.

Contrast of Black finish with chrome trim, door handles, grille, wheels and exhaust ports. Just about every option you could want. Good mix of classic and modern design on the interior and Cocoa interior makes for something different. Exhaust sounds great. Nice rumble without being overpowering and the 5.3 V8 will make you foget you're driving a so called "old persons car" .

Cant really improve on a model thats no longer being produced, but I wish GM would produce more models of this nature. H.O. engines that sound like they mean business. Also focus more on quality and back it with a longer lasting warranty. Forget trying to keep up with the imports and go back to building good old American style and muscle. The 2008 LaCrosse Super is that last of a great era.