2006 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Review: Ownership experience

2006 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Review

Ownership experience
By Glen L. Wright on

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I get 29.5 mpg highway and 19 city. Consumer reports says 17 mpg overall. All Japanese cars are rated higher so why does GM allow this. The engine is much quieter than many cars including Japanese so why does Consumer Reports say engine is coarse. The car handles beautifully and is fun to drive. The back seat could use a bit more head room and the trunk lid needs a handle. Overall, this car is excellent. I have owned three Buick Lasabres and they all got 30mpg or better highway driving. I drove from Mcintosh, FL to Franklin, NC a distance of 540 miles on one tank of gas. The fit of doors, trunk lid and hood is excellent . This heavy car is safer than many Japanese cars in a crash

Lots of trunk space, wide tires for traction, excellent comfortable ride, good gas mileage for a big car, outstanding handling, and genuine chrome door handles.

All I can think of would be a trunk lid handle but I do like the idea that if the trunk lid is popped accidentally, the lid stays down avoiding a wet trunk.