Used 2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Best Vehicle I Have Purchased
By Hitman1970

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Buick got it right this time in a big way. I am a 35 yr old male, and love just about everything about this car. The value, price, appearance, ride, and performance were exactly what I was hoping to get in my next auto purchase. The sleek black exterior with chrome appearance package is very sleek. The gapping on all the panels inside in out is up there with the best in the industry. The CXS trim competes with and beats comparable Lexus easily. The Harmon Kardon sound system is awesome. Satellite radio is fantastic too. The ride is smooth and tight on corners. So glad I considered a Buick. They are superior vehicles.

Favorite Features

Smooth, sporty ride. Sound system/XM satellite radio. Comfortable seats. Multi-purpose family/sporty/elegant/upscale sedan. Details like double weather stripping on doors that no other brand at this price does. Quiet cabin is wonderful on the highway. Trunk is sufficiently large. Fold-down seats.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing that is not silly nitpicking. Great value, performance, and reliability from a domestic. Give Buick a shot if you are considering a new sedan. You will be glad you did.

Pro's and con's
By Frank

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Pro's: firm road feel, 400 miles to a 17 gallon tank (23.6 mpg), quiet and spacious interior, comfortable cloth seats, attractive exterior colors available. Effective and quiet A/C and heating. Con's: what's with the drab instrument display? Steering wheel could be set a bit further from dash. Inferior audio in base model. A/C vents with diffused air only.

Favorite Features

Quiet, with respectable overall mpg

Suggested Improvements

More colorful analog dash, and audio sound improvement

The good,the bad & the ugly
By Jack

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

The Lacrosse CXS is fun to drive. Very comfortable seats. Lots of power from the new 3.6 variable-valve-timing V-6. Love the XM satellite radio. Good fit and finish, both inside and out. Good handling car. Much better driving and more comfortable seats than previously owned 2006 Lucerne CXL V-6. Poor gas mileage on the 3.6 V-6. Some kind of reflection appears in both sideview mirrors (suspect from bright moulding at bottom of front side windows?) Don't like GM forcing customer to buy their OnStar system. I could live without it. Rear seat leg room barely adequate. The rear view is rather ugly, especially with the 2 big tin can mufflers.

Favorite Features

The 3.6 engine is super smooth, quiet and quick. The car has a nice tight turning radius (much better than the Lucerne). Like the location of inside trunk release on power door button. Really like the XM satellite radio and upgraded audio system.

Suggested Improvements

Make OnStar an option. Paint rear mufflers flat black and cut out lower edge of rear bumper to put some big old fat chrome exhaust tips to distinguish CXS from lesser models of Lacrosse. Get rid of reflections in side mirrors. Move power seat controls to door panels.

Well pleased
By jimj

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Now have 600 miles on car and remain generally pleased. Car is a great value, rides too good. At 65mph, feels like 40 mph. Hope it does not get me too many tickets. Some improvements could be added. Trunk has no handle to open lid, requires fingernails be placed under lid to open. Power steering pump requires coolant bottle be removed to check fluid level. Love the trip computer, but need to figure out how it works. Car should have fuel range of 510 miles with a full tank, but computer says about 375 at fill up, then increases as I drive. I guess it's reacting to how fast/economically I am driving, but I would prefer it to go the the full range at fillup and then reduce available miles as I drive

Favorite Features

Appearance, interior fit and finish. OnStar. Love the little opera windows

Suggested Improvements

Trunk lid handle. Long dipstick to check power steering fluid. A little small in trunk. I like the folding seats, but would really like the flip and fold seats as in the Impala. I find the radio settings a bit complicated.

Talk about value!
By Kirk

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I put a great deal of time and research in before deciding to buy this car. I looked at 300, Impala, Saturn Azura, and the Grand Prix. I am a GM discount buyer, but even if I wasn't, this would have been the car I would have bought. 4 year 50,000 warranty a plus. It has rear head airbags standard, a $700 option on some cars! I traded my BMW 740i in for this car. The more I drive, the more I like it. Compare and you'll see the value. OnStar is great to have. The rebates easily made this a hands down winner.

Favorite Features

The comfy seats, the quiet ride. OnStar. The fit and finsh, inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Would be great if the dash came out some, but they made it that way in case you opted for the 6 pass. seating