2006 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Disappointed Owner
By JIM DITTMAR on 10/04/05 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had extremely poor mileage and there is a strange sound from the engine. Plus there are strong sulphur smells occurring.

21st Century Buick
By Stephen D Rau on 09/22/05 05:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The LaCrosse has a tight, responsive suspension and handles better than I would have expected. The headlights are powerful. I don't miss the Zenon projector headlights from my last car. It's subtle, well-executed and built, with the sleek body looking a bit like a concept car. I object to reviewers calling it "bland". I see it as elegant and evolutionary. I especially like the front grill and headlight design, which harkens back to the 1950's, but with suitable refinement.

Nice wheels
By Frank on 09/17/05 11:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A perfect car for the times. Not too large but plenty of room and great on gas.

A Jewel of a car / 05 LaCrosse
By bill miller on 09/15/05 12:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This automobile drives and rides better than anything I've ever owned. It is quiet, confortable, handles well in all driving situations, and is a joy to travel with on a trip. It doesn't pretend to be a trendy sports sedan with too much glitz and impractical compromises. The car is an extremely well made sensible car for grownups.

Black Buick CX
By Tom on 09/10/05 22:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Buick. This is a company vehicle so I get my use out of it and drive many miles. 1200 so far and have had it 2 weeks. The CX is loaded with all the basics, ABS, Traction control, remote, etc. The only option was the aluminum wheels which I highly recommend for looks and value. This car rides excellent. mileage is claimed at 20/ 30 and I am getting about 28 mostly highway. The 3.8 has more power than a Taurus V6 and is adequate. The transmission is OK. Great mileage for a car of this size. Positives- Interior very well done, looks rich. Quiet. nice ride, not sporty but not boaty. The black looks like a lexus 300, cool! Very nice fitments. The stereo is excellent.

my LaCrosse
By Babs 4-3 on 09/06/05 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I could not have bought a better car, the LaCrosse is just the right car for me. I also have the remote start, and living in OR. where it does snow and get cold, it will be great to warm it up, I have already used it when we have temps in the high 90's to cool it down. It works great

Not a happy camper
By m.r. jensen on 08/24/05 22:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It does not track well on the highway and wants to wander from left to right. It requires constant correction, and is very tiring for long distance drives. It also has a very bad blind spot on left door post. I don't like cruise control on the steering wheel, you have to take eyes off road to set it.

Mike's Buick
By michael paganini on 08/22/05 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have always loved a Buick since I purchased my first one in 1967. That Buick skylark was the best car I ever owned until this one. This has elegance and great handling at a very fair price. It really is a fun car to drive. I can't wait for my wife to ask me to do errands.(she doesn't drive).

The American Standard!
By Stephen D Rau on 08/11/05 05:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car features firm power seats for the passenger as well as the driver. They're trimmed in leather and have six-way power controls plus there is a lumbar seat adjustment. The insulation makes the car darned quiet! The CXL is the luxury version with the standard 17" aluminum wheels. It looks sleek and stylish, but iit's engine is the one that's become the best running model GM makes.

CXL fun to drive
By Paul Colella on 08/01/05 15:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my CXL nearly a month and already have 1800 miles on it. I love it. This is a big improvement over the Regal (I had 3 previous Regals). The ride is much smoother and quieter. I was disappointed in the performance of the '03 Regal and found it rather noisy. After reading about the new design and engineering of the LaCrosse I just had to try it. After 1 long test drive I fell in love with it. Although I passed on the heated seats option, it is a nice feature. My only regret is that I didn't get the CXS model.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.