Used 2006 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

I like my Buick LaCrosse at 2,600 miles
By Wayne Knapp

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth riding auto, like a Buick should be. Floats a little, but not too much. Handles well but not like a Saab. My best gas mileage is about 27 mpg, is a little better if I do not use the cruise control. Probably drops 1-2 mpg on cruise control. Excellent braking and smooth shifting.

Favorite Features

Very spacious, comfortable, and has a fully adjustable passenger seat for my wife. Intuitive buttons for displays, radio etc. Relaxing to drive. Awesome audio system w/9 speakers.

Suggested Improvements

Reflections from chrome interior trim is seen in windshield and side windows, distracting at first. Left outside mirror blocks my view in left hand turns.

Great car
By Ellen

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new CXL. Great 4 yrs./50,000 warranty. What a wonderful fun car!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, heated leather seats that support your legs

Suggested Improvements

More nooks and places to store things.

Growing up fast, maybe too fast
By nymonkey

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I am 26 and recently purchased this vehicle after test driving a 2007 Aveo (too small and cramped for family of 4 ) 2005 Pontiac vVibe (didn't know if I could get used to all the red in the instrument panel) I loved the ride quality compared to the other two vehicles after the intial drive as well as the interior styling classy and understated. I always veiwed Buicks as what you drive when you retire but thought the updated exterior was new and aimed at a slightly younger generation. After driving the vehicle for 1k mi I find that I may have gone after this car 15 years too early as the quiet, mild mannered, and unresponsive vehicle seems far too boring. Vibe?

Favorite Features

Clean styling, feels safe. Peppy engine. Understated classiness. Price used 26k mi. $12999 book value $16500 Heading in the right direction Buick

Suggested Improvements

More space between door and seat. It's cramped when trying to adjust seat position. More responsive handling. Wheel does not feel connnected to the road. Increased leg room for rear passengers. Trunk lid handle (difficult to open when snow or ice is present with no grip section.

New car every year
By fritz wackernagel

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A quiet cushioned ride. The best Buick ride ever. Ample power, 24mpg city, and quality build make me a proud owner

Favorite Features

I like the OnStar, dashboard layout, and the handling

Suggested Improvements

A little more bucket in the bucket seats

Nice car
By Jim

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 months of shopping for a car for my charming wife, I decided on the Buick LaCrosse. Nice fit and finish, very comfortable ride, and lots of safety features. This car has great manners! GM put a lot of attention into the details on this one. Quality materials with an expensive feel on the inside, fit and finish to rival the best cars on the market, great ride and stereo. The exterior styling is pure class.

Favorite Features

The whole car is pretty nice, however my favorite feature is that I don't have to worry about my wife's safety. The car has multiple air bags, OnStar, and integrated hands free cell phone, and it handles great.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior handle for the trunk. Gas mileage could be a lot better. High beam indicator needs to be a different color than the other dash lights. It blends in so much so you can easily forget the high beams are on. Better marketing to dispell the "grandma" image.