2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Best Vehicle I Have Purchased
By Hitman1970 on 10/01/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Buick got it right this time in a big way. I am a 35 yr old male, and love just about everything about this car. The value, price, appearance, ride, and performance were exactly what I was hoping to get in my next auto purchase. The sleek black exterior with chrome appearance package is very sleek. The gapping on all the panels inside in out is up there with the best in the industry. The CXS trim competes with and beats comparable Lexus easily. The Harmon Kardon sound system is awesome. Satellite radio is fantastic too. The ride is smooth and tight on corners. So glad I considered a Buick. They are superior vehicles.

Pro's and con's
By Frank on 09/30/06 06:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Pro's: firm road feel, 400 miles to a 17 gallon tank (23.6 mpg), quiet and spacious interior, comfortable cloth seats, attractive exterior colors available. Effective and quiet A/C and heating. Con's: what's with the drab instrument display? Steering wheel could be set a bit further from dash. Inferior audio in base model. A/C vents with diffused air only.

The good,the bad & the ugly
By Jack on 09/27/06 06:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

The Lacrosse CXS is fun to drive. Very comfortable seats. Lots of power from the new 3.6 variable-valve-timing V-6. Love the XM satellite radio. Good fit and finish, both inside and out. Good handling car. Much better driving and more comfortable seats than previously owned 2006 Lucerne CXL V-6. Poor gas mileage on the 3.6 V-6. Some kind of reflection appears in both sideview mirrors (suspect from bright moulding at bottom of front side windows?) Don't like GM forcing customer to buy their OnStar system. I could live without it. Rear seat leg room barely adequate. The rear view is rather ugly, especially with the 2 big tin can mufflers.

Well pleased
By jimj on 09/25/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Now have 600 miles on car and remain generally pleased. Car is a great value, rides too good. At 65mph, feels like 40 mph. Hope it does not get me too many tickets. Some improvements could be added. Trunk has no handle to open lid, requires fingernails be placed under lid to open. Power steering pump requires coolant bottle be removed to check fluid level. Love the trip computer, but need to figure out how it works. Car should have fuel range of 510 miles with a full tank, but computer says about 375 at fill up, then increases as I drive. I guess it's reacting to how fast/economically I am driving, but I would prefer it to go the the full range at fillup and then reduce available miles as I drive

Talk about value!
By Kirk on 09/08/06 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I put a great deal of time and research in before deciding to buy this car. I looked at 300, Impala, Saturn Azura, and the Grand Prix. I am a GM discount buyer, but even if I wasn't, this would have been the car I would have bought. 4 year 50,000 warranty a plus. It has rear head airbags standard, a $700 option on some cars! I traded my BMW 740i in for this car. The more I drive, the more I like it. Compare and you'll see the value. OnStar is great to have. The rebates easily made this a hands down winner.

I Love My New Car!
By Debbie on 09/06/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my car a few days, and really love it! It looks great, the drive is really quiet and comfy, and I am very satisfied. I get great compliments on the looks also. To anyone who thinks a Buick is a "grandma car" I say they need to take a new look at the Buick line, especially the sporty look of the LaCrosse!

First Experience
By Bob Bennett on 07/29/06 05:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Buick in my 43 years of driving and owning many different cars. I am amazed with the comfort, style and the price for so much luxury. This vehicle is actually fun to drive. With the cost of gas, the fuel ecomomy for the size and roominess of this vehicle is better then stated both in city and on the highway without cutting power. The new Buick is now for all ages and it came at the right time. Buick did their homework and they get an "A" with me.

Couldn't be happier!
By Herbert W. Hallman on 07/20/06 15:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I love this car. We traded a '97 BMW 528i that we purchased new and initially had some trepidations about our chioce. No longer. Other than somewhat skimpy leg room in the rear and a shallow rear seat, I can think of no negatives. It drives and handles superbly. We love the uncomplicated, staight-across dashboard, the quiet engine and feel of solidity the car engenders. Moreover the car offers exceptional value, in my opinion, when you consider all the extras (6-way power seat on front passenger side, remote engine start, OnStar, XM radio, heated front seats, etc.)

Premium American Style
By Al in Virginia on 07/18/06 14:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We are completely satisfied with our Buick LaCrosse. It is an excellent value for any person in the market for a sedan.

Wonderful
By Jules on 07/12/06 07:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very fun car, have owned Infiniti's, BMW's, and Mercedes, and this blows themn out of the water in style, performance, and luxury. Love the dual zone air conditioning. Had to floor the car to avoid getting in an accident on the highway and it was very responsive. Got a fully loaded CXL for 28,000. That's what you pay for a base Infiniti. Opt for this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.