Used 2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Ho Hum, just another excellent Buick.
By Gordon Byers

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This LaCrosse is the 3rd Buick I've owned, a '82 Riviera and an '89 Regal previously. They were both excellent performers giving me almost 100,000 miles each of trouble free driving. The LaCrosse has the comfort of the Riv and the economy of the Regal with plenty of power. When I step on it to pass, there is no hesitation.

Favorite Features

I would have to say the 3.6 engine, gives performance with economy.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

A Fantastic Car for The Price
By RR

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this car for several months now and really love it. It runs great and is really comfortable. The 3.6 engine has a lot of power on the highway and this car is nice and quite. Very little wind noise.

Favorite Features

The 3.6L engine, XM satellite radio, leather seating

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage isn't the greatest and some of the fit and finish of the car is something to be desired.

A fantastic car and a great value
By KZ

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven the car for several weeks including a 6 hour road trip on the highway. The Lacrosse was a stellar performer in all respects. I owned a 95 Buick Regal GS and a 95 Camaro Z28 previously. Both were awesome cars for their intended design; highway cruiser vs sports car. All cars are compromise vehicles, as a result, you cannot have a sports car that is as comfortable as a family sedan. However, the new Lacrosse meets this goal better than any other car I have driven. I drove a new Accord and also a Camry and must say they cannot compare to the Lacrosse in terms of looks, performance, and value.

My Buick
By 2006 LACROSSE CX

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Buick after 1996 Century and 2001 Century models. The 2001 was a vast improvement over the 1996 model but I feel the 2006 LaCrosse is not much better over my 2001. The handling and road ride is much better and improved on the 2006. The big difference I noticed is the standard options were reduced on the 2006. I thought in keeping up with the great Buick name that a safety option like heated mirrors would have been standard, also dual controlled heating and air would have remained for a standard option. A problem with my car is when I first start out and then turn my front tires/wheels make a sort of growling sound and then it goes away after I'm moving.

Favorite Features

CD player, new folding armrests and storage within the front rest. Better control of the lighting system i.e,. turn off of headlights and o'head, also trunk release on the door lock buttons. The 3800 V6 engine is a definite +.

Suggested Improvements

Heated outside mirrors, dual heating controls, and a grocery net in the trunk should all be standard on the Buick LaCrosse and upper models.

Growing up fast, maybe too fast
By nymonkey

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I am 26 and recently purchased this vehicle after test driving a 2007 Aveo (too small and cramped for family of 4 ) 2005 Pontiac vVibe (didn't know if I could get used to all the red in the instrument panel) I loved the ride quality compared to the other two vehicles after the intial drive as well as the interior styling classy and understated. I always veiwed Buicks as what you drive when you retire but thought the updated exterior was new and aimed at a slightly younger generation. After driving the vehicle for 1k mi I find that I may have gone after this car 15 years too early as the quiet, mild mannered, and unresponsive vehicle seems far too boring. Vibe?

Favorite Features

Clean styling, feels safe. Peppy engine. Understated classiness. Price used 26k mi. $12999 book value $16500 Heading in the right direction Buick

Suggested Improvements

More space between door and seat. It's cramped when trying to adjust seat position. More responsive handling. Wheel does not feel connnected to the road. Increased leg room for rear passengers. Trunk lid handle (difficult to open when snow or ice is present with no grip section.