Used 2006 Buick LaCrosse CX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Great on long or short trips.
By nkusigep

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It rolls a bit through turns and across lanes during lane changes but it's suspension is a little looser which is great for bad roads. It has tons of head and leg room for big and tall people and the seats are very comfortable. Amenities are on-par for the class. It's much more stylish compared to Buicks of the past and you can tell their trying to capture the attention of younger generations, not just the 55+ crowd (no offense). I do mostly highway driving and combined mileage is about 24 mpg - not great but not terrible for a V6. Acceleration is good.

Favorite Features

Comfort, exterior design, amenities, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Handling.

Happy with LaCrosse
By B. Beekman

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2006 LaCrosse about two weeks ago and am very satisfied with it. It's quiet, comfortable, smooth riding and obviously of good quality. The AM/FM/CD player has a nice tone with plenty of space for CD storage. The door locking key-fob is easy to use. Seats are attractive and cloth-covered and very comfortable on long drives.+

Favorite Features

I like the seating position. It gives the driver good control of the car. I also like the sound of the radio; tone control is easily made via pushbuttons. You can see the overall quality of the car right away. Nothing cheap about it.

Suggested Improvements

The instruments (odometer, tachometer, gas gauge, engine temperature) have numerals painted gray instead of white. This makes for very difficult reading, especially at dusk when the sun is beginning to set. Also, the "Driver Information Center" readout is so dimly lit at night it's nearly illegible.

Very Good Car
By Joe

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had Buick Regals before with virtually no problems and expect the same with the LaCross. It rides very nicely, good mileage, the 3800 runs like a top as they all do, and it's MADE IN AMERICA!

My 2nd Buick
By Bev

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 01 Buick LeSabre before and wanted a new car and I liked my Buick so I bought another. The gas mileage is great. Everyone that rides in my car really likes it. Just wish the console was not so far back.

Favorite Features

Auto start and OnStar. Sitting in the driver's seat is very nice. Fits good

Suggested Improvements

Console is too far back and truck is not as easy to open as my old Buick.

Engineers should consult regular drivers
By Jim S

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The location of several functions could be placed in a better location. The fuel mileage is much worse than I thought it would have been. I was having problems with the tire pressure, to find out there is some kind of sensor that can only be reset by the dealer, and unfortunately my dealer was unaware of the sensor until recently.

Favorite Features

OnStar, XM radio and hand free calling

Suggested Improvements

Make it a hybrid, move temp controls above radio, the current location requires moving your eyes way off the road to change something and move the row of display buttons below the radio.