2006 Buick LaCrosse CX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2006 LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Sort Reviews by

Great on long or short trips.
By nkusigep

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It rolls a bit through turns and across lanes during lane changes but it's suspension is a little looser which is great for bad roads. It has tons of head and leg room for big and tall people and the seats are very comfortable. Amenities are on-par for the class. It's much more stylish compared to Buicks of the past and you can tell their trying to capture the attention of younger generations, not just the 55+ crowd (no offense). I do mostly highway driving and combined mileage is about 24 mpg - not great but not terrible for a V6. Acceleration is good.

Favorite Features

Comfort, exterior design, amenities, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Handling.

I love my Buick
By Paul

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The quality is really good compared with my previous conception of the "American" car. My car has a 3800 Pontiac Engine they tell me. It gets around 30 mpg on the road if I stay at 70 mph. If I go 80 on the turnpike it doesn't seem to hurt mileage that much. The car has more than enough power for passing. If I want to leave a pesty driver in my dust I can do so with ease.

Favorite Features

The engine power, leather, Onstar XM radio

Suggested Improvements

The improvements are there in the new version of this car. I would buy another in a moment but am very concerned that the Government,s interference will prevent the competitive atmosphere that made GM produce this really good car.

Bad Gas Milage and Poor Pick up
By barbara Kocanda

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was told by the dealership that this car gets at least 22 miles to gallon, but after driving it for 3 months I have come to find out that I only get 16 to 18 miles to a gallon. What a disappointment. Plus, this car has zero pick up. I will probably trade this car in as soon as possible.

Favorite Features

Leather seats

Suggested Improvements

The dash board lights need to be brighter, better gas mpg.

Comforable and quiet ride
By MarkZ

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have drive car 54000 mile with no problems. Very advanced handling and braking system. A pleasure to drive long distance in the front seat rear is a little tight for adults for more than couple of hours. Could have made rear seats and leg room more accommodating. take front the long front end of car or add couple inches to vehicle, Wish I had bought the lacerne. Love the heated seats in colder climates and cool mornings. Would like heated front window orwipers snow and ice collect under windshield wipers. Previous cars Buick Park Ave,Toyota Previa,GMC savannah. Gas mileage could be better(24MPG)200HP traded for power. High performance tires noticeable improvement in ride and handling.

Favorite Features

leather,adjustable and heated seats/ feel secure and safe in seat. nice body style

Suggested Improvements

Lighting low and high beams/rear seating/ Gas MPG/ hope they improved trannys from past gm's

Happy with LaCrosse
By B. Beekman

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2006 LaCrosse about two weeks ago and am very satisfied with it. It's quiet, comfortable, smooth riding and obviously of good quality. The AM/FM/CD player has a nice tone with plenty of space for CD storage. The door locking key-fob is easy to use. Seats are attractive and cloth-covered and very comfortable on long drives.+

Favorite Features

I like the seating position. It gives the driver good control of the car. I also like the sound of the radio; tone control is easily made via pushbuttons. You can see the overall quality of the car right away. Nothing cheap about it.

Suggested Improvements

The instruments (odometer, tachometer, gas gauge, engine temperature) have numerals painted gray instead of white. This makes for very difficult reading, especially at dusk when the sun is beginning to set. Also, the "Driver Information Center" readout is so dimly lit at night it's nearly illegible.

Buick Junk
By j wells

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Buick Lacrosse has been a mechanical nightmare. I have had defective parts replaced consistently since I purchased it Thank heavens it was still under warranty. However, now all the seals in the rack and pinion steering need replaced at a cost to me of $900.00 This car is 3 years old!!!! I drove a ford Taurus for 175,000 miles with major repairs coming after 100,000 miles. I am fed up with this car, plan to replace it anything but a Buick. Oh, I also have water sloshing from one side to the other in my engine. I have a repeat complaint about this, to no avail. I am really a dissatisfied customer.

Favorite Features

Interior lights, and stereo

Suggested Improvements

To make a mechanically reliable Buick Lacrosse

Ho Hum, just another excellent Buick.
By Gordon Byers

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This LaCrosse is the 3rd Buick I've owned, a '82 Riviera and an '89 Regal previously. They were both excellent performers giving me almost 100,000 miles each of trouble free driving. The LaCrosse has the comfort of the Riv and the economy of the Regal with plenty of power. When I step on it to pass, there is no hesitation.

Favorite Features

I would have to say the 3.6 engine, gives performance with economy.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Very Good Car
By Joe

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had Buick Regals before with virtually no problems and expect the same with the LaCross. It rides very nicely, good mileage, the 3800 runs like a top as they all do, and it's MADE IN AMERICA!

I Love This Car!
By SBurlJeff

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 3 months now. I wanted something affordable with a little bit of luxury thrown in too. What I got was a whole lot of luxury in a very smart package. From the leather seating and trim to the audio controls on the steering wheel to the smooth, almost inaudible engine this car is so much more than I expected. I fall in love with this car every time I get behind the wheel. My insurance dropped considerably too. I can't believe that not everyone drives a Buick.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seating, audio/temp controls on the steering wheel, super quiet interior, low cost of ownership including insurance, high end luxury feel and look.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage in the city. I wouldn't change anything else.

Buick is a beauty too.
By lacrosse buick 2006

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My parents had a yellow 1958 Buick Super. A lot of chrome a beautiful car. The car is just as good today as it was in 1958 in the LaCrosse. Not many LaCrosse's on the road. Maybe, more now, when they read this. Good mileage, comfort, I don't smoke, no ashtrays keeps people from smoking in the car. Great Idea.

Favorite Features

CD player first one I have owned in my almost 60 years. Great sound.

Suggested Improvements

I think you thought of it all. Thank you.