2006 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Ho Hum, just another excellent Buick.
By Gordon Byers on 06/18/09 08:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This LaCrosse is the 3rd Buick I've owned, a '82 Riviera and an '89 Regal previously. They were both excellent performers giving me almost 100,000 miles each of trouble free driving. The LaCrosse has the comfort of the Riv and the economy of the Regal with plenty of power. When I step on it to pass, there is no hesitation.

A Fantastic Car for The Price
By RR on 05/30/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this car for several months now and really love it. It runs great and is really comfortable. The 3.6 engine has a lot of power on the highway and this car is nice and quite. Very little wind noise.

A fantastic car and a great value
By KZ on 03/16/08 16:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven the car for several weeks including a 6 hour road trip on the highway. The Lacrosse was a stellar performer in all respects. I owned a 95 Buick Regal GS and a 95 Camaro Z28 previously. Both were awesome cars for their intended design; highway cruiser vs sports car. All cars are compromise vehicles, as a result, you cannot have a sports car that is as comfortable as a family sedan. However, the new Lacrosse meets this goal better than any other car I have driven. I drove a new Accord and also a Camry and must say they cannot compare to the Lacrosse in terms of looks, performance, and value.

My Buick
By 2006 LACROSSE CX on 01/01/07 23:32 PM (PST)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Buick after 1996 Century and 2001 Century models. The 2001 was a vast improvement over the 1996 model but I feel the 2006 LaCrosse is not much better over my 2001. The handling and road ride is much better and improved on the 2006. The big difference I noticed is the standard options were reduced on the 2006. I thought in keeping up with the great Buick name that a safety option like heated mirrors would have been standard, also dual controlled heating and air would have remained for a standard option. A problem with my car is when I first start out and then turn my front tires/wheels make a sort of growling sound and then it goes away after I'm moving.

Growing up fast, maybe too fast
By nymonkey on 12/14/06 06:25 AM (PST)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I am 26 and recently purchased this vehicle after test driving a 2007 Aveo (too small and cramped for family of 4 ) 2005 Pontiac vVibe (didn't know if I could get used to all the red in the instrument panel) I loved the ride quality compared to the other two vehicles after the intial drive as well as the interior styling classy and understated. I always veiwed Buicks as what you drive when you retire but thought the updated exterior was new and aimed at a slightly younger generation. After driving the vehicle for 1k mi I find that I may have gone after this car 15 years too early as the quiet, mild mannered, and unresponsive vehicle seems far too boring. Vibe?

Best Vehicle I Have Purchased
By Hitman1970 on 10/01/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Buick got it right this time in a big way. I am a 35 yr old male, and love just about everything about this car. The value, price, appearance, ride, and performance were exactly what I was hoping to get in my next auto purchase. The sleek black exterior with chrome appearance package is very sleek. The gapping on all the panels inside in out is up there with the best in the industry. The CXS trim competes with and beats comparable Lexus easily. The Harmon Kardon sound system is awesome. Satellite radio is fantastic too. The ride is smooth and tight on corners. So glad I considered a Buick. They are superior vehicles.

The good,the bad & the ugly
By Jack on 09/27/06 06:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

The Lacrosse CXS is fun to drive. Very comfortable seats. Lots of power from the new 3.6 variable-valve-timing V-6. Love the XM satellite radio. Good fit and finish, both inside and out. Good handling car. Much better driving and more comfortable seats than previously owned 2006 Lucerne CXL V-6. Poor gas mileage on the 3.6 V-6. Some kind of reflection appears in both sideview mirrors (suspect from bright moulding at bottom of front side windows?) Don't like GM forcing customer to buy their OnStar system. I could live without it. Rear seat leg room barely adequate. The rear view is rather ugly, especially with the 2 big tin can mufflers.

Excellent Auto
By DonBoltz on 07/06/06 08:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Buick and they have all been good cars and I would buy another one in three to five years. GM has improved their construction of the cars and they are togather as good as the Japanese autos. I still believe in the autos of USA.

Great Car!!
By tridentnyc on 04/30/06 09:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! Buick really has done an excellent job with the LaCrosse. This car shows that the long held misconception that foreign imports are always better than American made cars is just plain wrong. Congratulations to GM and Buick for making one beautiful car...inside and out! P.S. I could only give the reliability rating a "5" or average, because I've only had the car for two months...I'm sure it will be much higher.

Almost Perfect Auto
By Dominic on 03/22/06 08:30 AM (PST)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Have driven this car for over 6000 miles and it has been a most rewarding driving experience. Strong points are solid construction, quiet ride, strong engine and generous trunk. Only weak point is the fuel mileage, about 24 to 25 mpg on the highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.