Used 2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

I love my Buick
By Paul

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The quality is really good compared with my previous conception of the "American" car. My car has a 3800 Pontiac Engine they tell me. It gets around 30 mpg on the road if I stay at 70 mph. If I go 80 on the turnpike it doesn't seem to hurt mileage that much. The car has more than enough power for passing. If I want to leave a pesty driver in my dust I can do so with ease.

The engine power, leather, Onstar XM radio

The improvements are there in the new version of this car. I would buy another in a moment but am very concerned that the Government,s interference will prevent the competitive atmosphere that made GM produce this really good car.

Bad Gas Milage and Poor Pick up
By barbara Kocanda

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was told by the dealership that this car gets at least 22 miles to gallon, but after driving it for 3 months I have come to find out that I only get 16 to 18 miles to a gallon. What a disappointment. Plus, this car has zero pick up. I will probably trade this car in as soon as possible.

Leather seats

The dash board lights need to be brighter, better gas mpg.

Comforable and quiet ride
By MarkZ

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have drive car 54000 mile with no problems. Very advanced handling and braking system. A pleasure to drive long distance in the front seat rear is a little tight for adults for more than couple of hours. Could have made rear seats and leg room more accommodating. take front the long front end of car or add couple inches to vehicle, Wish I had bought the lacerne. Love the heated seats in colder climates and cool mornings. Would like heated front window orwipers snow and ice collect under windshield wipers. Previous cars Buick Park Ave,Toyota Previa,GMC savannah. Gas mileage could be better(24MPG)200HP traded for power. High performance tires noticeable improvement in ride and handling.

leather,adjustable and heated seats/ feel secure and safe in seat. nice body style

Lighting low and high beams/rear seating/ Gas MPG/ hope they improved trannys from past gm's

Buick Junk
By j wells

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Buick Lacrosse has been a mechanical nightmare. I have had defective parts replaced consistently since I purchased it Thank heavens it was still under warranty. However, now all the seals in the rack and pinion steering need replaced at a cost to me of $900.00 This car is 3 years old!!!! I drove a ford Taurus for 175,000 miles with major repairs coming after 100,000 miles. I am fed up with this car, plan to replace it anything but a Buick. Oh, I also have water sloshing from one side to the other in my engine. I have a repeat complaint about this, to no avail. I am really a dissatisfied customer.

Interior lights, and stereo

To make a mechanically reliable Buick Lacrosse

I Love This Car!
By SBurlJeff

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 3 months now. I wanted something affordable with a little bit of luxury thrown in too. What I got was a whole lot of luxury in a very smart package. From the leather seating and trim to the audio controls on the steering wheel to the smooth, almost inaudible engine this car is so much more than I expected. I fall in love with this car every time I get behind the wheel. My insurance dropped considerably too. I can't believe that not everyone drives a Buick.

Very comfortable seating, audio/temp controls on the steering wheel, super quiet interior, low cost of ownership including insurance, high end luxury feel and look.

Better gas mileage in the city. I wouldn't change anything else.