2006 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
I love my Buick
By Paul on 07/13/10 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The quality is really good compared with my previous conception of the "American" car. My car has a 3800 Pontiac Engine they tell me. It gets around 30 mpg on the road if I stay at 70 mph. If I go 80 on the turnpike it doesn't seem to hurt mileage that much. The car has more than enough power for passing. If I want to leave a pesty driver in my dust I can do so with ease.

Bad Gas Milage and Poor Pick up
By barbara Kocanda on 06/26/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was told by the dealership that this car gets at least 22 miles to gallon, but after driving it for 3 months I have come to find out that I only get 16 to 18 miles to a gallon. What a disappointment. Plus, this car has zero pick up. I will probably trade this car in as soon as possible.

Comforable and quiet ride
By MarkZ on 02/08/10 21:07 PM (PST)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have drive car 54000 mile with no problems. Very advanced handling and braking system. A pleasure to drive long distance in the front seat rear is a little tight for adults for more than couple of hours. Could have made rear seats and leg room more accommodating. take front the long front end of car or add couple inches to vehicle, Wish I had bought the lacerne. Love the heated seats in colder climates and cool mornings. Would like heated front window orwipers snow and ice collect under windshield wipers. Previous cars Buick Park Ave,Toyota Previa,GMC savannah. Gas mileage could be better(24MPG)200HP traded for power. High performance tires noticeable improvement in ride and handling.

Buick Junk
By j wells on 10/30/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Buick Lacrosse has been a mechanical nightmare. I have had defective parts replaced consistently since I purchased it Thank heavens it was still under warranty. However, now all the seals in the rack and pinion steering need replaced at a cost to me of $900.00 This car is 3 years old!!!! I drove a ford Taurus for 175,000 miles with major repairs coming after 100,000 miles. I am fed up with this car, plan to replace it anything but a Buick. Oh, I also have water sloshing from one side to the other in my engine. I have a repeat complaint about this, to no avail. I am really a dissatisfied customer.

I Love This Car!
By SBurlJeff on 04/02/09 05:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 3 months now. I wanted something affordable with a little bit of luxury thrown in too. What I got was a whole lot of luxury in a very smart package. From the leather seating and trim to the audio controls on the steering wheel to the smooth, almost inaudible engine this car is so much more than I expected. I fall in love with this car every time I get behind the wheel. My insurance dropped considerably too. I can't believe that not everyone drives a Buick.

Buick is a beauty too.
By lacrosse buick 2006 on 07/09/08 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My parents had a yellow 1958 Buick Super. A lot of chrome a beautiful car. The car is just as good today as it was in 1958 in the LaCrosse. Not many LaCrosse's on the road. Maybe, more now, when they read this. Good mileage, comfort, I don't smoke, no ashtrays keeps people from smoking in the car. Great Idea.

Regret
By ?? on 09/08/07 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2000 Buick Century, which I had bought in Jan, 2000 fresh off the truck, for the 2006 Buick LaCrosse in Dec, 2006. The LaCrosse had 14,000 miles on it, but besides my trade-in, the LaCrosse cost an add'l $18,000. I realized I'd made a mistake almost instantly, but was assured that I would get used to the LaCrosse and like it. I still don't like it and regret that I bought it. I won't get another Buick. GM has sacrificed too much in order to have higher profits and the consumer gets stuck with the flimsy trash. The LaCrosse is smaller than the Century and uses more gas, too.

Average Little Car
By anniston on 09/04/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My job takes me all around the South, so I spend much of my time in the car. I alternate between my Lacrosse company car and my personal Tahoe. All in all, this is a pretty good little car. I always had either a Lesabre or Park Avenue company car before the Lacrosse, and no it does not ride as good and it is not as comfortable, but it really is a bang for the buck. It also gets great gas mileage, usually around 31 MPG on the interstate going 70-75 MPH.

Young to Buick
By LS Feldman on 08/14/07 14:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After owning Hondas and Toyotas, all are good cars but I must say Buick gives you more for the money. Ride is quiet, MPG is 30 on the HWY and the car looks big and is roomy for four large guys for a golf day. I paided less than Honda and have more car and the OnStar is a great tool. Monthly service reports online via email. Go Buick, the LaCrosse is what it takes to win back the Honda Toyota buyer. I was reformed.

Not my father's Buick
By Don R on 05/21/07 20:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I never even thought of a Buick until a relative suggested I go look at one. I had been looking at the Impala but once I laid eyes on the LaCrosse there was no going back. The roadability, quietness and luxury was more than expected. It was at the high end of our budget, $29,000, but well worth it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.