2006 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Great on long or short trips.
By nkusigep on 05/20/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It rolls a bit through turns and across lanes during lane changes but it's suspension is a little looser which is great for bad roads. It has tons of head and leg room for big and tall people and the seats are very comfortable. Amenities are on-par for the class. It's much more stylish compared to Buicks of the past and you can tell their trying to capture the attention of younger generations, not just the 55+ crowd (no offense). I do mostly highway driving and combined mileage is about 24 mpg - not great but not terrible for a V6. Acceleration is good.

Happy with LaCrosse
By B. Beekman on 10/31/09 16:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2006 LaCrosse about two weeks ago and am very satisfied with it. It's quiet, comfortable, smooth riding and obviously of good quality. The AM/FM/CD player has a nice tone with plenty of space for CD storage. The door locking key-fob is easy to use. Seats are attractive and cloth-covered and very comfortable on long drives.+

Very Good Car
By Joe on 04/12/09 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had Buick Regals before with virtually no problems and expect the same with the LaCross. It rides very nicely, good mileage, the 3800 runs like a top as they all do, and it's MADE IN AMERICA!

My 2nd Buick
By Bev on 06/08/08 14:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 01 Buick LeSabre before and wanted a new car and I liked my Buick so I bought another. The gas mileage is great. Everyone that rides in my car really likes it. Just wish the console was not so far back.

Engineers should consult regular drivers
By Jim S on 03/08/08 01:40 AM (PST)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The location of several functions could be placed in a better location. The fuel mileage is much worse than I thought it would have been. I was having problems with the tire pressure, to find out there is some kind of sensor that can only be reset by the dealer, and unfortunately my dealer was unaware of the sensor until recently.

The Best Used Car I Ever Bought
By Deb on 01/26/08 15:48 PM (PST)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Buick LaCrosse in Dec, 2007 and love it! I did however have a steering vibration and when I brought the car in for a steering lubrication (Covered under warranty) The car rides beautiful. No more vibration and a nice quite smooth ride. The dealership has been wonderful at making me comfortable in my LaCrosse. The front 2 tires were worn and they put new ones on. This is by far the most comfortable ride of any car I have owned. Great on gas to. I get about 28 miles per gallon on the highway, hitting any bump amazes me how well this car handles. The interior and exterior is perfect and lots and lots of compliments on it. Picks up very well and handles corners very well.

Excellent buy compared to Imports
By Vijay on 09/07/07 08:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A very nice car. Have been driving it for the past year. No problems whatsoever. Very, very quiet. Looks great. Fuel economy of 29-30 mpg on highway and 25 mpg average. Only crib is that the CD player does not play MP3s and there is no port to hook up iPod. Otherwise a great car.

Great highway car
By Jake on 07/19/07 06:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Lacrosse last year and do a lot of highway travel. It gets great gas milage I can depend on getting 30 MPG on the highway. The ride is incredible and coupled with XM radio and the piece of mind of Onstar the miles fly buy. The remote start is nice during the winter, I like that the climate control will automatically turn on the defosters when using the remote start. I have yet to have anything go wrong with it.

Ownership experience
By Glen L. Wright on 02/12/07 09:08 AM (PST)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I get 29.5 mpg highway and 19 city. Consumer reports says 17 mpg overall. All Japanese cars are rated higher so why does GM allow this. The engine is much quieter than many cars including Japanese so why does Consumer Reports say engine is coarse. The car handles beautifully and is fun to drive. The back seat could use a bit more head room and the trunk lid needs a handle. Overall, this car is excellent. I have owned three Buick Lasabres and they all got 30mpg or better highway driving. I drove from Mcintosh, FL to Franklin, NC a distance of 540 miles on one tank of gas. The fit of doors, trunk lid and hood is excellent . This heavy car is safer than many Japanese cars in a crash

Buick LaCrosse 2006
By LaCrosse CX on 01/01/07 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my LaCrosse on the open road she gets good fuel mileage. Also very comfortable driving. No back problems with this one. Don't feel the bumps as much with this one. It is quiet inside. The coefficant drag is good in my opinion. Nice curves and good looks as well. I like the sound system you can adjust to differant types of music. good seating. Easy steering, good maintainability Not a lot of clutter under the hood. The engine could be much quieter than it is. Hope next model year this will improve. I hope for the Stabilitrac in future.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.