The 3800 engine is a proven 'keeper'
By James Crawford on
2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
On smooth pavement, this car is very quiet. The dual zone climate control works very well. Engine cruising rpms are surprisingly low. My new Buick has 1,000 miles on it and I can average 25+ MPG on the interstates of Florida & Georgia while set on cruise control at 75 - 80 MPH. The ABS brakes are very controllable for coming to a smooth, non-diving stop. All-around visibility (windshield, side windows, side mirrors, and a really wide view via the automatic day/night rearview mirror)is the best I've ever had. The rear bumper resident back-up warning system helps give me back some of the sense of depth perception that I've lost with age! I've been in Fords for 30 years. I'm in Buicks to stay.
Favorite Features
The comprehensive integration of fit, finish, & functionality...inside & out. With hinge system designed external to the trunk space, I can pack that space to over 95% efficient usage, employing a mix of soft & hard sided luggage, without even thinking of folding the split rear seatbacks forward.
Suggested Improvements
Needs an exterior handle on the trunk lid. Fold-back side mirrors would also be a nice touch. Boost that standard (included)bumper- to-bumper warranty from 36 months / 36,000 miles to 48 months / 48,000 miles.