2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Review: LaCrosse CXS

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Review

LaCrosse CXS
By sscott1 on

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LaCrosse three months ago and traded a 99 Regal GSE. I loved the Regal, but the premium fuel was getting expensive. I expected to get 23 MPG on the LaCrosse and am getting 19. I expected a performance hit over the Regal and I got it. I got 22 MPG with the Regal with EPA rating of 18/26. The LaCrosse is rated 19/27 on regular gas. The car is quiet and comfortable with nice features. I can live with the performance hit, but the mileage is tough to take at $3 per gallon. Anyone considering a CXS should be aware of what you will be getting on mileage. So far I have had no warranty issues. This one is my tenth GM car and will be my last. All in all I should have bought a Toyota!

Remote starting is great on hot days and I am sure it will be equally appreciated on cold ones. Memory settings for seats etc. is also nice. I am tall and my seat position is not what most people like, so when someone changes my seat position it comes right back where I had it.

Gas mileage and preformance are poor on the CXS. Probably better mileage with the 3800 engine, but even worse performance.