2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Review: Great Car!!

2005 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Review

Great Car!!
By Great Car!! on

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 2000 Regal GS for an almost fully equipped CXS Lacrosse. What an improvement in quality, fit and finish. It drives like a German car, not quite as tight as a BMW but that is what I like about American cars, they are like driving your easy chair around! Off the line performance can't compare to the supercharged Regal. The CXS loses roughly 60ft/lbs of torque from the SC 3800. Sometimes I wonder who makes decisions like this. Once going though, acceleration is nice. The sunroof is extremely dissappointing to me. Air noise is high when open and the worst part is the roof glass goes up over the roof. It doesn't tuck inside the roof like most others! That isn't refinement to me!

A nice quiet ride as long as the sunroof isn't open or tilted. Temperature controls on the steering wheel, nice power, sharp looks, wonderful ride

Put the sunroof glass inside the roof, not up and over. The car becomes an eyesore when the roof glass is sticking up in the air like a Cavilier with an aftermarket roof! Leave the supercharged engine in the car, or better yet, just add a few FT/LBS of torque to the 3.6.