2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
2005 LaCrosse
By CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L on 07/15/05 20:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is very good on the road. It has a very quiet interior, and you dont hear road noises. I believe the gas consumption is about 18 to 20 miles in the city, and on the road it is 25 to 27 miles to the gallon.

Solid car
By Carolyn on 07/10/05 07:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It has a nice exterior look, and it doesn't look like every other car in the parking lot. It has a very comfortable ride and take bumps well. As a person who has driven smaller cars in the past, it was easy to get used to.

LaCrosse vs Ford 500
By John Beach on 07/09/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car reminds me of the Olds Aurora in design. The quaility of workmanship is fantastic.It's very comfortable to drive, with effortless steering and smooth acceleration. Great radio sound. We made a wise choice with the LaCrosse over the Ford 500, which is under powered.

Buick LaCrosse
By RoccoM on 07/07/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The steering takes a little getting used to after driving for many years with power steering. The panel lighting is great, and the automatic lights on/off function is welcomed. I like the safety feature of the daytime running lights. A year of free OnStar is enough to get me to pay for it when it comes up for renewal even though it is rather expensive. Fuel economy could be better as could the rear seat room which is very tight especially in terms of head room. All in all a very good card with a great appearance (especially in cardinal red metallic).

Smooth and powerful
By rwisem on 07/01/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best Buick I have driven. The build quality is world class and the ride and handling are the best yet for a GM mid-size.

My Buick La Crosse
By Jennifer McGinn on 06/29/05 10:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I am enjoying driving this car - the fourth Buick I have had and it is far superior to the 3 Regals I had before. Road quietness, comfort and ease of operation are just some of its outstanding qualities.

LaCrosse is a great value
By Jeff on 06/24/05 11:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick LaCrosse is a tremendous value in the mid-size near luxury segment. It offers elegant styling, fantastic interior comfort and an extremely quiet ride. The engine and drive train are perfectly adequate for commuter and highway driving. The cockpit is sensibly designed with all controls easily accessable. Climate controls, radio, and speed controls are on the steering wheel. The guages are easily readable. I particularly like the LED panel for the information center located in the middle of the speedometer. Very easy to read and use. The materials used in the interior are first rate, very near Cadillac quality. Very nice car..Congats Buick!

Poor Handling
By milford jensen on 06/23/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I find this car has poor handling on the highway at speed limits. It wanders from left to right and I have to correct the direction all the time to keep it on the road.It will not stay on center or netural position. It is very hard to enjoy driving this car. I also feel that it is not a safe car and could cause a accident. This car has had the alignment checked twice and set to specs.The dealer says they are all like this and can't do anything about.If you are considering buying one of these make sure you drive it on the main highway at speed limits and check to see if it tracks without wandering.

Excellent
By Lane on 06/21/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is superb. Still has the Buick ride but quiet with a much needed style upgrade. Definitely a step up.

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL
By Gary Vandervest on 06/21/05 13:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car has good pickup and the engine is smooth. I have to look at the tachometer to make sure the idling engine is running. It is a comfortable car and my last two cars were a 1997 Cadillac and a 2001 Olds Aurora. City driving yields 18-19 mpg...may get better. I have not had it on an extended highway trip but expect to get 30 mpg. Have had no problems the first four months.