Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Better Buick
By CXL

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The 2005 LaCrosse is a much better car than my previous 1997 Buick Regal. Handles and rides much better and doesn't have that old Buick float. It feels more like a sport sedan. Fit and finish is also improved and it is quite quiet. I think the old 3.8 V6 has been improved. Smoother and quiter. The gas mileage is still a downer. It gets 30 on the highway, but only 17-18 around town. Overall, its a much improved car.

Favorite Features

Ride, handling, and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Put the 3.6 Litre in all models.

American cars on the comeback trail
By Kevin

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

If you fancy yourself as an educated buyer, do yourself a favor. Don't overlook this vehicle. Even the most hardened Camry or Accord fan can appreciate and buy this car. I know, I was one of them. It's the best car I've owned. Go drive one and see for yourself.

Favorite Features

Ride, build quality, interior and exterior styling, fuel economy, extremely quiet, has world's best and most reliable V-6 engine (3800 Series III)

Suggested Improvements

The fake wood could have been made to look more real, more legroom in the back seat, make foglamps standard on all models.

Excellent Sedan
By Tracy

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a 2002 Olds Intrigue and wanted to get a comparable vehicle since the Olds phase out. The Lacrosse lives up to Buick's standard for quality. Wonderful car to drive, interior is great. My wife though it would be an "old man's car", but after driving it she wants one too.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort and layout. Very quiet and comfortable ride. Leather interior is high quality.

Suggested Improvements

Only complaint is trunk is awkward to open, there is no easy way to grasp trunk lid.

Rating our Buick Lacrosse
By Roy G. Botts

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife's birthday. She claims it is a perfect 10 and though I dont drive it very much, I feel it is one of the nicest cars we have ever owned. We have owned new Buicks since 1975.

Suggested Improvements

Guages would be easier read if they were set up more like the 2003 Buick LeSabre we previously owned.

Love Long Drives
By Richie A

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Car rides very nice but tends to drift a little. Very comfortable on long rides. I just put in a a wood dash kit to finish the look of the radio ,and air control now the look is classy. Buick should offer this upgrade...I'm now looking for a aftermarket grille

Favorite Features

I just love the whole look inside and out

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower....