Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Great Car
By CALLEN

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the car around one year. No problems at all. The car looks great and people always think that it is a much more expensive car than it is. I really like the front and rear styling, as well as the comfortable interior.I went from an import to this car and this car is wonderful!

Favorite Features

Tilt telescope wheel, dual power seats dual climate control, auto start system chrome wheels and the optional chrome appearance package which adds chrome on the bumber corners and the body side mouldings

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of. the car is great as it is I would consider it the best car that I have ever owned

My First Buick
By joe kuroski

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I was waiting for Buick to come up with an all new car, to replace their dated 80's style line up. I was very pleased with the pleasent design, inside and out. I have the CXS model,v-6, It goes like the wind. I have experenced 2 recalls and the heater fan module breaking. But all and all the quality is impressive, and the quietness inside the cabin is wonderful.

Favorite Features

The "VVT" engine.

Suggested Improvements

Window and door lock switches in the back seat should be lighted.

Another Good Buick....but
By James Lorenz

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I am pleased with my Lacrosse except for local gas mileage. On the highway (trips) it gets over 30+ mpg, but around home only about 12-14 mpg. My old Century did far better than that. Also, the headrests are not angled forward like the old Century. I feel they should be touching the neck and head without having to lean your head back. Ride and performance are as good as my Century. The Lacrosse has some creaks and groans that I will be telling the dealer about at my next checkup.

Favorite Features

Remote starting. OnStar.

Suggested Improvements

Better local fuel economy. Forward tilting headrests. Clothing hooks on rear seat hand holds. Put cruise control back on turn signal lever. All buttons are out of line of vision and feel the same. Have to look down to verify selection. Old turn signal location was easily operated by feel.

Love the ride, not that fun to drive
By Jared Ellars

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable car, smooth ride and quite. Only real gripe that I have with the car is the engine. I've liked the 3.8 in the past, but I think the performance is poor in this car. Could be gearing, but engine seems to run at too low RPMs to effectively change speeds. Engine seems to labor when increasing speed. After it decides to shift down a gear or two, then the performance is there. Mileage is also extremely disappointing. Only get about 25-26 on highway. That is very poor cause my 3.5L (with more horse power) Olds Intrigue got over 30 on highway. City mileage is poor as well in my opinion, I get 18 mpg which includes two miles of stop and go traffic and 8 miles interstate driving.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, quite interior, rear parking assist.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger, or atleast more efficent engine or better gearing. ABS/ traction control should have been standard in 05. 6 disc CD player should be able to play MP3 as well. Make the Onstar equipment optional, not standard.

Fun to Drive
By Biloxigirl

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car to drive. Love the remote start feature -- was sold first time saw it. Great stero and XM and daughter loves the dual climate control. Quiet smooth ride. Real upscale car for the price.

Favorite Features

Remote start

Suggested Improvements

Trunk is weird to close -- no handle or place to put your hand.