Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

2005 LaCrosse CXS
By caddycart

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for one year and Ilove it. Would like it better if it got a little better gas mileage but I do like the new engine. Would also like mine to have the new 4 year warranty.

Favorite Features

New engine and XM radio, quietness and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little more headroom for the male drivers. Better gas mileage would be nice of course without giving up the power.

I'm a 45 year old Buick owner
By Joe S.

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 2 months. Purchased w/15K miles on it. CXL model rides very smooth on the highway. More comfortable than my Saturn L. This car is rated 20/29 mpg but I cannot understand why I only average about 14 mpg in city driving. Highway mpg is great..lives up to its 30 mpg. Steering is a little balky. You can feel it roll and dip on sharp turns. All and all this a comfortable sedan. Looks a little like the Lexus LS330 until you look at the grille. The grille and layout of the front is the thing only way you know it is a Buick. Also, for some reason, every time I turn on the air vents the AC is on. I think if the in city gas mileage was better I would enjoy this car more.

Favorite Features

XM radio, driver info center, interior programmable lighting, nice size trunk, powerful ventilation system

Suggested Improvements

Brighter dash controls, controls in steering standard, side front head lines are a little tight

I wish I bought a foreign car
By kevo

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I used to be really pleased with this car. Then I hit 1200 miles. That is when it first started squeaking. The dash was first, then the steering column. The seats are a little too firm for my tastes beyond about 45 minutes. The gas mileage after 12,500 miles is 17 mpg 50/50 city/highway, very poor in my opinion. The paint seems very soft because I have several chips in places one would not normally expect a chip, like the rear bumper, the rear decklid and high on the hood.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, quiet when it isn't squeaking in the interior.

Suggested Improvements

Buy a foreign car

Gas Poor
By Gary

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for 1 year and 9,500 miles. Just minor irritances i.e. squeak in dash, wind noise. Car handles well on curves and accelerates without hestitation. (and wife) don't like consoles so are trading car in new Buick Lucerne with split front seats for eatra room and longer arm rest.

Favorite Features

Enjoy XM radio, acceleration, handling, and style. Stabilitrac is great to have when driving around in the snow and ice.

Suggested Improvements

Biggest gripe I have is with gas mileage. Suppose to get around 18 mpg in town and 27 mpg highway. I get 15-16 and 23-24 mpg.

2005 Buick La Crosse CXS
By John

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth, quiet ride, plenty of power, mileage good on highway, but could be better around town.

Favorite Features

Heated front seats, OnStar, XM radio, dual exhaust system

Suggested Improvements

Wipers should lift for cleaning windshield. Outside mirrors should fold back. Need more legroom in rear seats. Improve trunk lid closing feature. Redesign dash and DIC. Make glove box functional. It`s too small and poorly designed. Relocate outside temperature guage. Hard to see when driving