2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Nice car!
By Steve on 09/19/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car rides and drives like a Lexus. Buick has outdone itself with the development. Cab comfort is well recieved. I commute a good distance every day and driving this car makes it much easier.

This car turns heads
By THOMAS on 09/16/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have had in years, ever time I go some were I always here someone say nice car, my car is black on black, over all this is one nice car.

This Buick could be better
By Tom on 09/08/05 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the interior and exterior styling and the fit and finish are very good. The ride is smooth and quiet. However, I drive for work and find the seat very uncomfortable after long rides day after day. It seems that along the sides of the seats there is not enough cushion to shield the driver from the metal structure beneath. It has made me think of trading in an otherwise great car earlier than planned.

Disappointed
By DADIRV on 09/07/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Lags when accelerating from one lane to another on the highway. Jars the teeth when riding over light road irregularities. Creeps when waiting for traffic lights to change. Mpg is poor. On the road without city driving may be 21 mpg. City driving gives me 15-16 mpg. My 93 Buick Park Ave gave me better mileage on the road. The thermometer inside reads wrong all the time. I would guess that there is some sort of electronic problem.

LaCrosse CXS
By sscott1 on 09/07/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LaCrosse three months ago and traded a 99 Regal GSE. I loved the Regal, but the premium fuel was getting expensive. I expected to get 23 MPG on the LaCrosse and am getting 19. I expected a performance hit over the Regal and I got it. I got 22 MPG with the Regal with EPA rating of 18/26. The LaCrosse is rated 19/27 on regular gas. The car is quiet and comfortable with nice features. I can live with the performance hit, but the mileage is tough to take at $3 per gallon. Anyone considering a CXS should be aware of what you will be getting on mileage. So far I have had no warranty issues. This one is my tenth GM car and will be my last. All in all I should have bought a Toyota!

2005 Buick LaCrosse
By SDS on 09/07/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent value. Outstanding handling and pickup. Looks classy, yet sporty. Can't beat it for the money. LOVE IT!

LaCrosse is wonderful
By thedago on 09/06/05 15:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick. The LaCrosse is everything the advertisements say. I wanted it because of the quiet and smooth ride. Quite an improvement over the Regal. I have had my CXL for 2 months and i am quite satisfied. I already have over 3700 miles on it. At first I was disappointed in the gas mileage. But after my last road trip encompassing 600 miles I was stasfied. I averaged just under 29 MPG on the highway (which the sticker indicates). However, city driving drops the MPG considerably. I really love the way the car performed in rainy conditions, and the headlamps are nice and bright.Overall I have no complaints.

Short term owner so far
By Joni Glessner on 09/03/05 16:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car - traded in a 2004 Rendevous - hated that one. Big trunk, OnStar, remote start, XM Radio big plus.Gas mileage still on the bubble - have only gone 400 miles. Beautiful car - Been a Park Ave. owner for years UNTIL the Rendevous. LaCrosse is perfect size. I'm a 25 year REALTOR so need a nice roomy car. LaCrosse meets the criteria so far!!

I love my LaCrosse-Fantastic Value
By justy on 08/20/05 09:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LaCrosse a few months ago and I really like it a lot. I traded in a small SUV because I really wanted the comfort of a sedan again. I am 38, but and in a professional line of work, so I wanted to buy a car that is classy. This car fits the bill! It is absolutely beautiful inside. The wood grain is what sold me (yes, I know it's not real-but I like it). The thing I am most disappointed in the handling. The steering has some play and I think it needs to be tighter. I agree with others that the trunk is awkward to close. I wish I bought a higher trim level but it's still a great value.

Buick finally got it right
By dago on 08/20/05 07:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick and by far the best. I was really disappointed in my 03 Regal. The bumpy ride and exterior noise was a turnoff. After reading about all the changes Buick made for improvements I just had to try out this LaCrosse. The ride is so much smoother and very quiet. My only regret is that I didn't get the CXS model. I have had the vehicle only 2 months so it is difficult to rate the reliability, hence the low mark for reliability