2005 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Gorphil
By Gorphil on 11/21/05 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent car! No trouble and a pleasure to drive. Sold as Allure in Canada.

LaCrosse CXS mileage
By sscott1 on 11/13/05 18:46 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Lacrosse for about six months now. It is quieter than my 99 Regal was and the ride is smoother. The interior comfort is about the same. My major complaint is gas mileage. It is getting 19.6 average for combined city and highway driving (about 50/50). My 99 Regal with the SC3800 engine got 22-23 mpg. Same driver, same route, different car. I've seen comments about the performance of the 3.6L engine in the CXS, but my experience is performance is nothing to get excited about. It's better than the 3.8L, but a long way from my 99 Regal GSE.

2005 LaCrosse CXL
By freeh on 11/13/05 18:13 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car. Good ride and handling. Excellent on the highway. Only drawbacks are fairly poor mileage in town and somewhat tight rear seat. Much better car than my previous Buick, a Regal.

Bad Choice
By Big Ed on 11/08/05 21:36 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Never owned a Buick before and after reviewing other cars in this class,I thought this was a good choice. Initially I liked this car very much. I noticed the problem on the first trip of about 150 miles. At highway speeds of 50-65 MPH and trying to maintain a safe distance from the car in front of me. The accelerator pedal seems to have a dead zone. It doesn't respond under normal foot pressure to maintain the speed that traffic flow allowes. As I apply a slight pressure on the gas pedal, nothing happens. As I increase the pressure, a sudden burst of acceleration is felt with the teck jumping 500-750RPM. This unusual condition is very strenuous on long trips of this constant awareness.

Rear floor design
By Rosalie on 10/15/05 00:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The rear floor has a very bad curve near the rear door below the rear seat. I had a passenger catch his foot on the lower part of the curved floor as he tried to exit the auto. He triped and fell head first to the ground. He was aware that the floor is a step down, but did not notice the curve near the rear seat. The floor that the seat is resting on should be straight, not curved. This could be very dangereous. Not to mention a law suit if someone is really hurt. I am not sure if GM would fix this problem on MY auto?

Classy, sporty, and luxurious
By Carl Kushner on 10/10/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a midsize that gave a lot for your money. The Lacrosse is that. With the gold convenience package, it came with a whole group of luxury features. With the GM employee pricing this car couldn't compete with others including the imports for bang for the buck!

I should have bought another LeSabre
By DOGONSOFA on 10/04/05 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have bucket seats and the plastic that wraps around the seat at the bottom is in the wrong place for a short person. Actually it is too thick. If you put your leg next to it, it hurts. So I have to remember to keep my leg stretched out. I am talking on the driver’s side, on the left. It is a great car for a young person.

05 Buick Lacross
By Ron on 09/26/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall ride and comfort has been very good. Whisper quiet, comfortable on long trips, firm suportive seats. I purchased the bucket seats as the bench seat has a dumb looking fold out center console. Controls well placed. Car had a brake pulsation caused from warped brake rotors. Car was fixed but when I picked the car up in a rainstorm found passenger side flooded with water. Had to bring car back twice to have leak fixed. Was not a happy person! That was unacceptable to me as build quality should have been better. Overall since that time all has been good with no other issues. Hope it stays that way. The interior (Tan) is what I bought needs to be darker to show less dirt. Good value overall.

Riding with a GM product
By Ray Horn on 09/25/05 06:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

There were several models of Buick that I had been interested in, the LaCrosse caught my eye. The car was not too big, nor too small, the fact that the rear seats fold down for more room was impressive. I am a gadget person, this car has just about everthing, yet it is safe and secure, there is less road noise due to the insulation and efforts by GM to keep the noise level down. Of course one of the pleasing items is the gas mileage, it is good! All in all, I enjoy the vehicle and its workmanship.

Love this car!
By garyjerjay on 09/20/05 23:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am past my "beat the other guy off the line" days but I wanted a car that had decent acceleration and one that did not ride like the old Buick floating ride, but rather one that had a smooth quiet ride, and one that you could also feel the road under you and was firm in the corners. My Lacrosse after 3,500 is all that I wanted and more. No, the accereration does not snap your neck back but is more than adequate. The cabin is incredibly quiet and the power seats are very comfortable. There is enough room in the trunk for four sets of golf clubs and there is room in the cabin for four adults although the back seat could use a little more room. This is a great car for this old baby boomer!