2005 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Still impressed almost 3 years later.
By J C Glover on 04/08/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After having driven Japanese cars for almost 20 years, I purchased a GM car with trepidation. Amazingly, GM got it right with this car in 2005. When I turned in my Lexus in Aug '05 I felt deprived but the LaCrosse had all the luxury features and more!

Won't Buy Again
By Won't buy again on 11/18/07 20:48 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This automobile has been rattletrap on city streets since I bought it (freeways no problem) Disappointing mileage, good handling. Comfortable to drive, good climate control, lousy floormats. Inability to fix rattles will cause me to buy a Mercury or Lincoln next time.

Buick LaCrosse - 2005
By Shirley Quinn/David on 05/05/07 11:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this car is good to excellent. Mileage is very poor! It had a recall of the brake, I did not like that. I do not like the locks poping up automatically when the car stops to park. I think that is dangerous. Driver should control that. The exterior receives many compliments.

2005 LaCrosse
By maddog55 on 04/18/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Zero problems. Only back to dealer for routine maintenance. I would highly recommend this car. It rides a lot bigger than it actually is.

Buick LaCrosse is a real winner
By Jim S. on 04/05/07 17:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick LaCross is the best car Buick has made, I believe. The front looks beautiful, the car is very quiet, the steering is tight, it has a real comfortable ride and cushions, the heater is outstandingly quick to warm up, the base 3.8L engine is very responsive when you tromp it, and I love OnStar hands free calling. This is the most luxury I have seen for the price. Headrests are too large, but they fixed that in later years models. This is the first Buick I have ever owned, and I would buy another LaCross in a heartbeat. I have never heard of a recall on this car, which puts Toyotas and Hondas to shame, in a quality comparison.

18K later
By neshapop on 01/17/07 08:19 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Here is my feedback after 18 K mi./28K km. So far the car was problem free, had bearing assembly replaced a few weeks after the purchase but it was a minor issue. Great fuel economy on the highway but a bit thirsty in the city. Great ride and build quality, very satisfied with the vehicle. Outstanding value for the money.

Beautiful, Competent, Comfortable
By Steve Rau on 01/17/07 01:26 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am thrilled every day to look at this car in the driveway, especially to hear it running (it has the remote start feature) and get into a cool car on a hot day. Yesterday, I was able to get into a toasty warm car with warm seats, because of the seat heaters that also automatically came on when I pressed the remote start button from inside my house. All the great gadgets work perfectly! I've had the car over 18 months, and have had no problems, despite the wealth of technology.

Car review
By Randi on 12/29/06 11:36 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives very smoothly over any bump in the road. It's great with gas. Turns very nicely, the brakes work great and it has great pick up.

Great Car
By pat on 10/31/06 12:36 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car 2 hours and I took it on a 6 hour trip and it handled beautifully. I could not have ask for a better ride. The car handles will and when you want that extra power it is there. I travel a lot and I really enjoy driving and riding in the this car. I have had my car in the mountains out east and it handled very well in the mountains. It is great on turns and on curvey roads.

'06 LaCrosse problems
By Mike on 10/13/06 16:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Lifter noise on cold A.M. starts. Starter remains engaged with remote start. The leather seats are too firm and extend too far forward, irritating wife's back of her legs. There's a rubbing sound when backing up out of garage/wheels turned to left. Too many push buttons on dash in proximity to others. Cheap floor mats. Had wipers replaced twice, kept bending in half.