Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Most Helpful|
Our Allure CX
By N. Popovic

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great value, design and style, evolution and improvement comparing to earlier Buicks. Being 37, I found this one much more appealing to younger drivers but still with the famous smooth ride and Buick quality and reliability. Superb ride and build quality, style, quietness and handling, car has enough power with good old 3.8L engine and expected fuel economy and better brakes and suspension. Long story short - really great car!

Favorite Features

Black onyx color with gray interior, 40/60 rear folding seat, remote starter, driver info center and column shift

Suggested Improvements

It needs beter tires, and parking brake location. ABS and side airbags not standard for 2005 models

Buick LaCrosse is a real winner
By Jim S.

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick LaCross is the best car Buick has made, I believe. The front looks beautiful, the car is very quiet, the steering is tight, it has a real comfortable ride and cushions, the heater is outstandingly quick to warm up, the base 3.8L engine is very responsive when you tromp it, and I love OnStar hands free calling. This is the most luxury I have seen for the price. Headrests are too large, but they fixed that in later years models. This is the first Buick I have ever owned, and I would buy another LaCross in a heartbeat. I have never heard of a recall on this car, which puts Toyotas and Hondas to shame, in a quality comparison.

Favorite Features

Engine responsiveness, quietness on the inside, comfort of the ride, good handling, front end appearance,quickness with which heater heats up in the winter, it's impossible to leave the lights on, and OnStar can unlock your door, and also provides totally hands free calling.

Suggested Improvements

The 2005 model had too large of a headrest, and the chrome on the dash wasn't a good idea due to possible glare.

Totally mediocre
By totally mediocre

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used with 22,000 miles. Initially, I was very impressed with the design of the exterior and the interior materials. However, with time I have been mildly disappointed. No major complaints, just room for improvement. Like every other review, I am also disappointed with the fuel economy. Also, the 3.8 liter engine is not nearly as quiet or refined as other reviews suggest. The seats are unsupportive and stiff, although the leather is of very good quality. Have had an ongoing problem with the airbag light coming on for no apparent reason. Finally, the trunk lid has no handle to pull it up. Sounds minor but is very inconvenient.

Favorite Features

Quality of the leather interior, stereo has good sound, acceleration is more than adequate, very nice exterior aesthetically.

Suggested Improvements

More supportive seats, handle on the trunk lid, quieter powerplant, especially on cold winter mornings, roomier rear-seat

Great Car
By CALLEN

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the car around one year. No problems at all. The car looks great and people always think that it is a much more expensive car than it is. I really like the front and rear styling, as well as the comfortable interior.I went from an import to this car and this car is wonderful!

Favorite Features

Tilt telescope wheel, dual power seats dual climate control, auto start system chrome wheels and the optional chrome appearance package which adds chrome on the bumber corners and the body side mouldings

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of. the car is great as it is I would consider it the best car that I have ever owned

Not good long term
By anocrelic

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven GM cars for the past 32 years and have obviously been very pleased or I would have changed. I like the size, performance, styling and comfort of my La Crosse. I purchased it in 2005 with less than 15,000 miles on it and have had very few problems UNTIL it reached 90,000 miles. After that everything seemed to go wrong with this car almost at once. It's been properly maintained the same as all previous vehicles which lasted 150,000 + miles without problems. I am very disappointed in this vehicle for that reason alone.

Favorite Features

styling, heating/ac having separate controls, comfortable seating

Suggested Improvements

Durability should be improved, I would think long and hard before purchasing another GM car after my experience with this one. I'm very disappointed by the lack of quality long term in this vehicle. City mileage is not good although highway mileage is excellent, 30+