Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

2005 Buick LaCrosse
By SDS

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent value. Outstanding handling and pickup. Looks classy, yet sporty. Can't beat it for the money. LOVE IT!

Favorite Features

Handling, pick up, bells and whistles

LaCrosse is wonderful
By thedago

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick. The LaCrosse is everything the advertisements say. I wanted it because of the quiet and smooth ride. Quite an improvement over the Regal. I have had my CXL for 2 months and i am quite satisfied. I already have over 3700 miles on it. At first I was disappointed in the gas mileage. But after my last road trip encompassing 600 miles I was stasfied. I averaged just under 29 MPG on the highway (which the sticker indicates). However, city driving drops the MPG considerably. I really love the way the car performed in rainy conditions, and the headlamps are nice and bright.Overall I have no complaints.

Favorite Features

Remote starter, Driver information Center

Suggested Improvements

Some blind spots due to the rear head rests. Location of Cruise control on steering wheel is awkward. I need to take my eyes off the road to locate it. I liked it better on the directional/wiper control.

Short term owner so far
By Joni Glessner

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car - traded in a 2004 Rendevous - hated that one. Big trunk, OnStar, remote start, XM Radio big plus.Gas mileage still on the bubble - have only gone 400 miles. Beautiful car - Been a Park Ave. owner for years UNTIL the Rendevous. LaCrosse is perfect size. I'm a 25 year REALTOR so need a nice roomy car. LaCrosse meets the criteria so far!!

Favorite Features

XM Radio - I'd put a portable one in my Rendevous and have one at home. Can't live without it!!

Suggested Improvements

Would like a little better mileage

I love my LaCrosse-Fantastic Value
By justy

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LaCrosse a few months ago and I really like it a lot. I traded in a small SUV because I really wanted the comfort of a sedan again. I am 38, but and in a professional line of work, so I wanted to buy a car that is classy. This car fits the bill! It is absolutely beautiful inside. The wood grain is what sold me (yes, I know it's not real-but I like it). The thing I am most disappointed in the handling. The steering has some play and I think it needs to be tighter. I agree with others that the trunk is awkward to close. I wish I bought a higher trim level but it's still a great value.

Favorite Features

Auto-headlamps; radio; beautiful interior and exterior; powerful engine; comfortable and quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter steeting; better gas mileage; A/C vents in the back; fold-down back seats in all models. Car would remember some radio setting for pop, classical, etc. and that A/C recirculation button would stay on. Everytime I start the car I have to turn it on again.

Buick finally got it right
By dago

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick and by far the best. I was really disappointed in my 03 Regal. The bumpy ride and exterior noise was a turnoff. After reading about all the changes Buick made for improvements I just had to try out this LaCrosse. The ride is so much smoother and very quiet. My only regret is that I didn't get the CXS model. I have had the vehicle only 2 months so it is difficult to rate the reliability, hence the low mark for reliability

Favorite Features

I like the remote starter

Suggested Improvements

ABS should be standard. Better fuel econonmy. There are blind spots in the rear because of the head rests.