Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Nice car!
By Steve

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car rides and drives like a Lexus. Buick has outdone itself with the development. Cab comfort is well recieved. I commute a good distance every day and driving this car makes it much easier.

Remote starter, Interior design, acceleration, handling

Larger gas tank, better mileage, Better foot pedal design for those of us with a shoe size bigger than mens's 9.

This car turns heads
By THOMAS

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have had in years, ever time I go some were I always here someone say nice car, my car is black on black, over all this is one nice car.

Leather seats and good looks

More leg room in the back seat

This Buick could be better
By Tom

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the interior and exterior styling and the fit and finish are very good. The ride is smooth and quiet. However, I drive for work and find the seat very uncomfortable after long rides day after day. It seems that along the sides of the seats there is not enough cushion to shield the driver from the metal structure beneath. It has made me think of trading in an otherwise great car earlier than planned.

Interior design of the dash and instrumentation. Storage areas on the console and placement of "plug-ins".

My last car was a 2000 Regal (165K miles) the seat was very comfortable. Do the same with this car. City MPG is not good (18-22). Improve acceleration.

Disappointed
By DADIRV

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Lags when accelerating from one lane to another on the highway. Jars the teeth when riding over light road irregularities. Creeps when waiting for traffic lights to change. Mpg is poor. On the road without city driving may be 21 mpg. City driving gives me 15-16 mpg. My 93 Buick Park Ave gave me better mileage on the road. The thermometer inside reads wrong all the time. I would guess that there is some sort of electronic problem.

The exterior and interior are classy looking

Not being a mechanic the improvements I'm looking for entail the use of diagnostic equipment and personnel who know how to use the equipment

LaCrosse CXS
By sscott1

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LaCrosse three months ago and traded a 99 Regal GSE. I loved the Regal, but the premium fuel was getting expensive. I expected to get 23 MPG on the LaCrosse and am getting 19. I expected a performance hit over the Regal and I got it. I got 22 MPG with the Regal with EPA rating of 18/26. The LaCrosse is rated 19/27 on regular gas. The car is quiet and comfortable with nice features. I can live with the performance hit, but the mileage is tough to take at $3 per gallon. Anyone considering a CXS should be aware of what you will be getting on mileage. So far I have had no warranty issues. This one is my tenth GM car and will be my last. All in all I should have bought a Toyota!

Remote starting is great on hot days and I am sure it will be equally appreciated on cold ones. Memory settings for seats etc. is also nice. I am tall and my seat position is not what most people like, so when someone changes my seat position it comes right back where I had it.

Gas mileage and preformance are poor on the CXS. Probably better mileage with the 3800 engine, but even worse performance.