2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
I like it and I used to drive Park Aves.
By John Ginther on 05/20/05 16:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the ride and how quiet this car is in comparison to larger wheel-base cars I have owned in the past.Tight finish. Solid feel Easy handling.

Buick LaCrosse
By S.kmetz on 05/19/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my LaCrosse. At this point, I would consider another one when my lease is up. Don't change the exterior design. It is beautiful. Would like car designers to take into consideration minor interior changes for the next model year that would add more comfort for a shorter person (5'2). The LaCrosse is geared more to taller people. See comments below. I love the smooth acceleration and the quiet cabin.

Just OK
By dean812 on 05/18/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Numerous things you took for granted on other cars, aren't there. For example folding side mirrors. In the garage they used to come in handy. Wipers very poor. Nowhere to hold to close downsized trunk. Last 7 cars were Buicks, but not next time!

Great Car
By Anthony Giglio on 05/13/05 19:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my La Crosse for about two months and have driven it almost 5,000 miles. It handles beautifully and has the quietest ride of any vehicle I have owned in the last 30 years. I have had no need for warranty work at all. I am very pleased with this automobile.

LaCrosse is Very Good
By Bud on 05/11/05 23:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Negatives are few and mostly unimportant: engine is noisy on outside of car; outside mirrors cannot collapse; seatbacks recline by lever instead of power; no tire pressure indicators (bad oversight); Overall mpg with a 75/25 city/hwy ratio is only 17 mpg (EPA rating is 20- 29). That's it! Car is very quiet, has excellent buttoned-down ride, excellent driveability, very good acceleration, esp. at highway speeds and is a pleasure to drive. Fit and finish are excellent, and we like the styling and the interior layout - it's clean. In short, we are very pleased with the 2005 Buick LaCrosse.

I like the car
By bowlerman on 05/10/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The auto rides very smooth and quiet. It is very comfortable to sit in and drive. I do not like the insert for ignition key. It is hidden. It has plenty of room for all to sit in.

LaCrosse - quiet ride
By William Ray on 05/09/05 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick LaCrosse has a very good feel for the road without making you think you're in a tight suspension sports car. The quiet ride is the most impressive of any car I have ever driven. You simply cannot hear other cars going by. The hands-off phone system lets you make phone calls by speaking rather than holding a cell phone to your ear. Compared to similar models from other companies, the LaCrosse is a bargain in the mid 20 thousand dollar range. Drive it before you buy a Honda, Toyota, Nissan or Acura.

Not anything like my Regals!
By dino on 04/23/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Missing many of the standards on past Buicks. They have cut corners on everything. Will consider Japanese car next purchase.

LaCrosse is luxury and comfort
By Rhonda on 04/06/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Great for safety, has highest rating Insurance only went up $3.00 due to this. The car has double steel doors and double windshield glass. The engine slides under the dash on impact.

My LaCrosse
By Jeanne Leix on 03/31/05 22:45 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been fun, comfortable, and easy to learn how to drive. The seats are great. We drove to Florida and back with no discomfort at all. It handled the road like a charm. We got between 29 and 33 miles per gallon. I just love it.