Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

No more Buick's for me.
By pawneepa25

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Pile of junk, trouble with telescoping steering, ongoing problem. Wheel bearings replaced at 75000 kms. Two sets of brakes, car has 105000 kms. Air bag light goes off and on, never fixed. Fog lights did not work got them fixed then horn went out at 62000 kms. not covered by warranty, cost to fix $1100.oo. Front doors leak water when it rains. Tires replaced at 30,000 kms. Noise coming from front end when driving never were able to fix. Engine icon light comes on due to them screwing with the bundle of wires when they fixed the lights and horn, cost to replace the wire bundle would be over $2000.oo. The list is almost endless.

Won't Buy Again
By Won't buy again

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This automobile has been rattletrap on city streets since I bought it (freeways no problem) Disappointing mileage, good handling. Comfortable to drive, good climate control, lousy floormats. Inability to fix rattles will cause me to buy a Mercury or Lincoln next time.

Favorite Features

Radio and refrigeration and handling are excellent. Acceleration above 50 mph is good

Suggested Improvements

Better OEM tires, trunk handle, 6 speed transmission,better lighting in info ctr, more atention to elimination of rattles and sqeaks.

2005 LaCrosse
By maddog55

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Zero problems. Only back to dealer for routine maintenance. I would highly recommend this car. It rides a lot bigger than it actually is.

Favorite Features

The 3.6 engine. XM radio

Suggested Improvements

V8

Great Car
By pat

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car 2 hours and I took it on a 6 hour trip and it handled beautifully. I could not have ask for a better ride. The car handles will and when you want that extra power it is there. I travel a lot and I really enjoy driving and riding in the this car. I have had my car in the mountains out east and it handled very well in the mountains. It is great on turns and on curvey roads.

Favorite Features

I have 8 or 9 speakers in the car - cannot remember which and that is great. I like the way the seats adjust and I have the tilt and telescope steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I can think of is to have GPS on the car, it is the only thing that I would add. Might be nice to have heated seats in the back but not necessary

Very happy owner
By bob raskin

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Effortless driving, smooth transmission. It handles well on curves and at hiway speed. Very quiet inside, zero road noise. No repair issues after 1 year of use

Favorite Features

No road noise, smooth handling

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the push rod 6 for better acceleration