Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse CX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

No More GM for Me.
By scotpg

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

At 27K miles it whined when steering.GM offered no help.At 49K miles it was getting worse.Went to Bellavia in East Rutherford, NJ.Told me power steering pump is leaking, rack and pinion assembly is cracked and something is wrong with the sway bar and end link. Also need an alignment and new front brakes. Bellavia Cost 1,992.00. GM offered no help. Went to my trusty car care center and only needed the rack and pinion assembly replaced since it was leaking and an alignment. The steering pump and brakes are good. My Trusty Car Care Center Cost 554.01. Also, since new; water leaks through antenna and squeeks in the rear on bumps. Why so many problems?

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

GM - Build a better product and stop letting dealerships rip people off. As much as I want to buy another Buick, these problems are inherent in the GM brand and will never go away. So I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GM PRODUCT. Even if I got a good deal, I'd be owning an inferior product with GM and their dealers not caring about their customers.

Not dissapointed
By AmJohn

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car a year ago and have been very happy overall. Trunk space holds our stroller, a pack and play and still has room for a few bags of groceries. The sound system is very good. Very quiet and comfortable ride, good gas mileage. Only complaint is the intermediary joint is needing serviced or replaced, but other than that I would have no problem buying another one.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, trunk space, sound system, comfort/lumbar support.

Suggested Improvements

Radio control on wheel needs to be able to switch from radio to CD. Intermediary joint issue.

Buick LaCrosse is a real winner
By Jim S.

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick LaCross is the best car Buick has made, I believe. The front looks beautiful, the car is very quiet, the steering is tight, it has a real comfortable ride and cushions, the heater is outstandingly quick to warm up, the base 3.8L engine is very responsive when you tromp it, and I love OnStar hands free calling. This is the most luxury I have seen for the price. Headrests are too large, but they fixed that in later years models. This is the first Buick I have ever owned, and I would buy another LaCross in a heartbeat. I have never heard of a recall on this car, which puts Toyotas and Hondas to shame, in a quality comparison.

Favorite Features

Engine responsiveness, quietness on the inside, comfort of the ride, good handling, front end appearance,quickness with which heater heats up in the winter, it's impossible to leave the lights on, and OnStar can unlock your door, and also provides totally hands free calling.

Suggested Improvements

The 2005 model had too large of a headrest, and the chrome on the dash wasn't a good idea due to possible glare.

18K later
By neshapop

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Here is my feedback after 18 K mi./28K km. So far the car was problem free, had bearing assembly replaced a few weeks after the purchase but it was a minor issue. Great fuel economy on the highway but a bit thirsty in the city. Great ride and build quality, very satisfied with the vehicle. Outstanding value for the money.

Favorite Features

Remote starter. Driver's Info Center, speed auto adjustable volume on the radio/CD, quietness.

Suggested Improvements

Standard 40/60 bench, MP3 CD reader, front face and grille less oval, bolder styling

Car review
By Randi

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives very smoothly over any bump in the road. It's great with gas. Turns very nicely, the brakes work great and it has great pick up.

Favorite Features

It drives so smooth.