2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
No more Buick's for me.
By pawneepa25 on 03/27/14 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Pile of junk, trouble with telescoping steering, ongoing problem. Wheel bearings replaced at 75000 kms. Two sets of brakes, car has 105000 kms. Air bag light goes off and on, never fixed. Fog lights did not work got them fixed then horn went out at 62000 kms. not covered by warranty, cost to fix $1100.oo. Front doors leak water when it rains. Tires replaced at 30,000 kms. Noise coming from front end when driving never were able to fix. Engine icon light comes on due to them screwing with the bundle of wires when they fixed the lights and horn, cost to replace the wire bundle would be over $2000.oo. The list is almost endless.

Won't Buy Again
By Won't buy again on 11/18/07 20:48 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This automobile has been rattletrap on city streets since I bought it (freeways no problem) Disappointing mileage, good handling. Comfortable to drive, good climate control, lousy floormats. Inability to fix rattles will cause me to buy a Mercury or Lincoln next time.

2005 LaCrosse
By maddog55 on 04/18/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Zero problems. Only back to dealer for routine maintenance. I would highly recommend this car. It rides a lot bigger than it actually is.

Great Car
By pat on 10/31/06 12:36 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car 2 hours and I took it on a 6 hour trip and it handled beautifully. I could not have ask for a better ride. The car handles will and when you want that extra power it is there. I travel a lot and I really enjoy driving and riding in the this car. I have had my car in the mountains out east and it handled very well in the mountains. It is great on turns and on curvey roads.

Very happy owner
By bob raskin on 09/19/06 11:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Effortless driving, smooth transmission. It handles well on curves and at hiway speed. Very quiet inside, zero road noise. No repair issues after 1 year of use

Still Mixed Feelings
By Scott on 07/25/06 02:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my LaCrosse CXS for a year now and like it but have a few issues. My wife really likes it and drives it daily. Fuel mileage is less then expected. With mostly town driving we get 19mpg. Power is great. Transmission is not a smooth as others in this class. Truck is difficult to open. Two issues - drivers side window rattles at high speed and CD player rattles when hit bumpy roads. I like the car but Buick needs to work out some details in design and quality.

2005 LaCrosse CXS
By caddycart on 06/15/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for one year and Ilove it. Would like it better if it got a little better gas mileage but I do like the new engine. Would also like mine to have the new 4 year warranty.

I wish I bought a foreign car
By kevo on 06/02/06 11:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I used to be really pleased with this car. Then I hit 1200 miles. That is when it first started squeaking. The dash was first, then the steering column. The seats are a little too firm for my tastes beyond about 45 minutes. The gas mileage after 12,500 miles is 17 mpg 50/50 city/highway, very poor in my opinion. The paint seems very soft because I have several chips in places one would not normally expect a chip, like the rear bumper, the rear decklid and high on the hood.

Gas Poor
By Gary on 05/17/06 15:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for 1 year and 9,500 miles. Just minor irritances i.e. squeak in dash, wind noise. Car handles well on curves and accelerates without hestitation. (and wife) don't like consoles so are trading car in new Buick Lucerne with split front seats for eatra room and longer arm rest.

2005 Buick La Crosse CXS
By John on 04/21/06 21:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth, quiet ride, plenty of power, mileage good on highway, but could be better around town.

1 2 3 4 5 next »