2005 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
No More GM for Me.
By scotpg on 11/19/13 18:33 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

At 27K miles it whined when steering.GM offered no help.At 49K miles it was getting worse.Went to Bellavia in East Rutherford, NJ.Told me power steering pump is leaking, rack and pinion assembly is cracked and something is wrong with the sway bar and end link. Also need an alignment and new front brakes. Bellavia Cost 1,992.00. GM offered no help. Went to my trusty car care center and only needed the rack and pinion assembly replaced since it was leaking and an alignment. The steering pump and brakes are good. My Trusty Car Care Center Cost 554.01. Also, since new; water leaks through antenna and squeeks in the rear on bumps. Why so many problems?

Not dissapointed
By AmJohn on 01/26/09 18:25 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car a year ago and have been very happy overall. Trunk space holds our stroller, a pack and play and still has room for a few bags of groceries. The sound system is very good. Very quiet and comfortable ride, good gas mileage. Only complaint is the intermediary joint is needing serviced or replaced, but other than that I would have no problem buying another one.

Buick LaCrosse is a real winner
By Jim S. on 04/05/07 17:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick LaCross is the best car Buick has made, I believe. The front looks beautiful, the car is very quiet, the steering is tight, it has a real comfortable ride and cushions, the heater is outstandingly quick to warm up, the base 3.8L engine is very responsive when you tromp it, and I love OnStar hands free calling. This is the most luxury I have seen for the price. Headrests are too large, but they fixed that in later years models. This is the first Buick I have ever owned, and I would buy another LaCross in a heartbeat. I have never heard of a recall on this car, which puts Toyotas and Hondas to shame, in a quality comparison.

18K later
By neshapop on 01/17/07 08:19 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Here is my feedback after 18 K mi./28K km. So far the car was problem free, had bearing assembly replaced a few weeks after the purchase but it was a minor issue. Great fuel economy on the highway but a bit thirsty in the city. Great ride and build quality, very satisfied with the vehicle. Outstanding value for the money.

Car review
By Randi on 12/29/06 11:36 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives very smoothly over any bump in the road. It's great with gas. Turns very nicely, the brakes work great and it has great pick up.

Love my Buick
By BearSgt on 09/14/06 20:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had my LaCrosse now for a bit over one year. The only problems associated with this vehicle are the rotors and wheel bearings. Only have 14,000 miles on it and had to have 3 rotors and wheel bearings replaced. It needs to get better gas mileage and a handle to assist in opening the trunk. Otherwise, I love the car. It's very quiet and has a smooth ride.

First ever Buick
By Norman Kairns on 09/12/06 04:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Been a GM person most of my driving life, and this is the first Buick I've owned. Nice car. Clean finish and very comfortable to drive. However, the car could use a little more head room in all seating positions.

Not toohappy
By Donna on 06/23/06 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a Buick Century and was very upset when I found out they stopped making them. I bought the LaCrosse because I was told it was the replacement for the Century. I have not been impressed. I do like the car, but only at this point because it is a new car, and who does not like a new car. I had very good luck with the Century as far as engine problems went. I was told that the LaCross has a new engine design and I am quite sceptical about that. It does not seem to have the power that the Century had. I have very slow acceleration when I am running my air, and the air conditioning is no where near the performance that the Century had.I am not happy about that. I am disappointed

05 Buick Lacross
By Ron on 09/26/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall ride and comfort has been very good. Whisper quiet, comfortable on long trips, firm suportive seats. I purchased the bucket seats as the bench seat has a dumb looking fold out center console. Controls well placed. Car had a brake pulsation caused from warped brake rotors. Car was fixed but when I picked the car up in a rainstorm found passenger side flooded with water. Had to bring car back twice to have leak fixed. Was not a happy person! That was unacceptable to me as build quality should have been better. Overall since that time all has been good with no other issues. Hope it stays that way. The interior (Tan) is what I bought needs to be darker to show less dirt. Good value overall.

Nice car!
By Steve on 09/19/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car rides and drives like a Lexus. Buick has outdone itself with the development. Cab comfort is well recieved. I commute a good distance every day and driving this car makes it much easier.