Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse CX Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Not another Buick
By Grandpapaul

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife wanted a Lacrosse and bought this car 3 years ago with 28K on it. Three months later she bought a Honda Accord and couldn't sell this piece of junk. I had a recall on my Grand Prix and got an email from Buick suggesting I consider a Buick for my next purchase. I replied that I I have an 05 Lacrosse and it junk. After a year of back and forth emails they quit responding. 1. Climate control utilizes air conditioning 100% of the time. I turn it off every time I start it to save gas but it as it comes back on when restarted. 2. Replaced hood struts. 3. Replaced rear window regulator which is rarely used. 4. Drivers mirror quit working. 5. Head lights don't turn off until driving in daylight for an hour. 6. Outside temp takes a couple of miles before going to correct temp. 7. On occasion the engine runs rough. Shut it off and restart and its fine. 8. Dash cracked four times in the first year and looks like varicose veins. 9. Wipers quit so I replace the motor. Poor design as the entire mechanism must come out. 10. When there are riders in the back I can hear the wheel bearings grind. Lots of road noise so I believe most of them need replaced. 11. Rear suspension squeaks. 12. Piece of plastic broke in power seat mechanism. Six ways power seat is now four way. All these problems in the first two years of ownership. I drive it on occasion and now has 49K. Putting miles on my 01 Grand Prix then will put an estimated $1500 in it when I retire. I am not the type to pass on junk to others so will keep it since it is paid off.

IF I EVER BUY ANOTHER CAR, IT WONT BE A "BUICK". Bring back Pontiac Grand Prixs!

I do like the 3.8L engine. Not sure why they changed. It shifts sooner and RPMs are lower that my older Grand Prix for better gas mileage.

No More GM for Me.
By scotpg

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

At 27K miles it whined when steering.GM offered no help.At 49K miles it was getting worse.Went to Bellavia in East Rutherford, NJ.Told me power steering pump is leaking, rack and pinion assembly is cracked and something is wrong with the sway bar and end link. Also need an alignment and new front brakes. Bellavia Cost 1,992.00. GM offered no help. Went to my trusty car care center and only needed the rack and pinion assembly replaced since it was leaking and an alignment. The steering pump and brakes are good. My Trusty Car Care Center Cost 554.01. Also, since new; water leaks through antenna and squeeks in the rear on bumps. Why so many problems?

Comfortable ride.

GM - Build a better product and stop letting dealerships rip people off. As much as I want to buy another Buick, these problems are inherent in the GM brand and will never go away. So I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GM PRODUCT. Even if I got a good deal, I'd be owning an inferior product with GM and their dealers not caring about their customers.

Not dissapointed
By AmJohn

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car a year ago and have been very happy overall. Trunk space holds our stroller, a pack and play and still has room for a few bags of groceries. The sound system is very good. Very quiet and comfortable ride, good gas mileage. Only complaint is the intermediary joint is needing serviced or replaced, but other than that I would have no problem buying another one.

Gas mileage, trunk space, sound system, comfort/lumbar support.

Radio control on wheel needs to be able to switch from radio to CD. Intermediary joint issue.

Buick LaCrosse is a real winner
By Jim S.

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick LaCross is the best car Buick has made, I believe. The front looks beautiful, the car is very quiet, the steering is tight, it has a real comfortable ride and cushions, the heater is outstandingly quick to warm up, the base 3.8L engine is very responsive when you tromp it, and I love OnStar hands free calling. This is the most luxury I have seen for the price. Headrests are too large, but they fixed that in later years models. This is the first Buick I have ever owned, and I would buy another LaCross in a heartbeat. I have never heard of a recall on this car, which puts Toyotas and Hondas to shame, in a quality comparison.

Engine responsiveness, quietness on the inside, comfort of the ride, good handling, front end appearance,quickness with which heater heats up in the winter, it's impossible to leave the lights on, and OnStar can unlock your door, and also provides totally hands free calling.

The 2005 model had too large of a headrest, and the chrome on the dash wasn't a good idea due to possible glare.

18K later
By neshapop

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Here is my feedback after 18 K mi./28K km. So far the car was problem free, had bearing assembly replaced a few weeks after the purchase but it was a minor issue. Great fuel economy on the highway but a bit thirsty in the city. Great ride and build quality, very satisfied with the vehicle. Outstanding value for the money.

Remote starter. Driver's Info Center, speed auto adjustable volume on the radio/CD, quietness.

Standard 40/60 bench, MP3 CD reader, front face and grille less oval, bolder styling