Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

No more Buick's for me.
By pawneepa25

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Pile of junk, trouble with telescoping steering, ongoing problem. Wheel bearings replaced at 75000 kms. Two sets of brakes, car has 105000 kms. Air bag light goes off and on, never fixed. Fog lights did not work got them fixed then horn went out at 62000 kms. not covered by warranty, cost to fix $1100.oo. Front doors leak water when it rains. Tires replaced at 30,000 kms. Noise coming from front end when driving never were able to fix. Engine icon light comes on due to them screwing with the bundle of wires when they fixed the lights and horn, cost to replace the wire bundle would be over $2000.oo. The list is almost endless.

No More GM for Me.
By scotpg

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

At 27K miles it whined when steering.GM offered no help.At 49K miles it was getting worse.Went to Bellavia in East Rutherford, NJ.Told me power steering pump is leaking, rack and pinion assembly is cracked and something is wrong with the sway bar and end link. Also need an alignment and new front brakes. Bellavia Cost 1,992.00. GM offered no help. Went to my trusty car care center and only needed the rack and pinion assembly replaced since it was leaking and an alignment. The steering pump and brakes are good. My Trusty Car Care Center Cost 554.01. Also, since new; water leaks through antenna and squeeks in the rear on bumps. Why so many problems?

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

GM - Build a better product and stop letting dealerships rip people off. As much as I want to buy another Buick, these problems are inherent in the GM brand and will never go away. So I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GM PRODUCT. Even if I got a good deal, I'd be owning an inferior product with GM and their dealers not caring about their customers.

Not good long term
By anocrelic

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven GM cars for the past 32 years and have obviously been very pleased or I would have changed. I like the size, performance, styling and comfort of my La Crosse. I purchased it in 2005 with less than 15,000 miles on it and have had very few problems UNTIL it reached 90,000 miles. After that everything seemed to go wrong with this car almost at once. It's been properly maintained the same as all previous vehicles which lasted 150,000 + miles without problems. I am very disappointed in this vehicle for that reason alone.

Favorite Features

styling, heating/ac having separate controls, comfortable seating

Suggested Improvements

Durability should be improved, I would think long and hard before purchasing another GM car after my experience with this one. I'm very disappointed by the lack of quality long term in this vehicle. City mileage is not good although highway mileage is excellent, 30+

Still love it.
By Rob W.

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new for my birthday in 2005 and saw it come off the car carrier. It is the best auto I have ever owned. I have just replaced orig. battery as I felt I needed to do so in S. FL and it will be six y.o. in Dec. It rides as tight and quietly as the day I took it and no repairs to date. Only a battery and two tires. If it ever wears out I will be another Buick. I do not understand American love of foreign cars when you can buy this luxury from GM for a lot less.

Favorite Features

Climate control, comfort, quiet, reliability. Feels safe.

Suggested Improvements

A/C for rear would have been a plus and only came with two front airbags. Six should be standard given rest of quality.

Good car for the money
By Sandra

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is roomy and comfortable with great trunk space. Good quality leather - after almost 5 years still looks new. The only three problems are the low oil pressure warning comes on sometimes - taken to two different dealers who could find nothing wrong - hasn't caused any problems, goes off after a few seconds. The other issue is the clunking noise that comes from the steering column when I hit bumps. An the last issue is the A/C which I need to have checked because its unreliable - sometimes cold as the arctic going to warm as the desert back to cold as the arctic within a matter of minutes; however, when it does work, it's very cold :)

Favorite Features

Body design. A/C when it works. Electric controls on drivers seat. Radio sound quality.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic could use improvement - the black has worn off some of the buttons.