2015 Buick Encore SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Buick Encore SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Encore model:

Love my Buick
By Harold Allen

2015 Buick Encore SUV Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Would recommend this auto to anyone. Great gas, comfort, and reliability .

give time to feel car
By Glenn Rhine

2015 Buick Encore SUV 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this 2015 Buick Encore for four months. I enjoy the ride and feel of the car.The looks are top of the line. I am 5'8'' tall, have to slide in and out of the front seat, and rub the back of my legs on the door frame. It seems the door design pushed the seats too far away from the door .My old 2006,[198,067 miles] Toyota Rav 4 did not have this problem. I will learn how to do better. thanks

Can't understand what grandpa actually likes?
By Grandpa Moses

2015 Buick Encore SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had a few of these since having my Volt repaired, which in comparison is an early 00's MB of quality and refinement.. but that's still about as reliable as a moped with one wheel.. The buick is a nicer car than a volt, in that it feels like there will be a lot of problems, but if you are handy you should be able to resolve most of them. The MPG is poor, best i could see was 18City, and 25highway, which is about 5MPG less than the 4cyl rav4 my wife has. The Interior is actually pretty nice, but there are a lot of creaks when going over uneven pavement. They used very cheap bushings on the suspension, which doesn't wear well, and clunks in the cold. The Car has a lot of midrange power, it's a decent highway cruiser, though it is terrible in the town, and city. It's not easy to see out the back of, and the automatic transmission is terrible, since there is zero low end torque. This little SUV is what i would call a luxury version of a Geo Tracker, but honestly the tracker at least knew what it was.. The seats are very narrow, and i am 6'3" tall 175Lbs, so by no means fat, but my narrow behind doesn't fit between the bolsters of the seat. The seats however are pretty comfortable for short narrow people, or if you are 9, because the seat bottom is very short, so if you have short legs, this might be OK for you. The cargo room is about 1/2 the size of the Volt, and the driving position is about 4in too far to the right of the steering wheel, you actually can't position yourself dead center or you will be sitting on the door panel. The electronics are actually pretty good, the smart cruise control doesn't work, and the lane departure stuff thinks that over passes are cars immediately in front of you, and locks the brakes up when you approach them, but the radio is fantastic, the navigation is google good, the bluetooth is easy to use, and simple to setup, the climate control however, is slow, it takes about 20min to warm up in the winter, and about 30min to get to maximum cold on the AC, which maybe i have been spoiled by the EV volt, which takes about 2min on each, but it's still a long wait. The Auto Stop feature is interesting at lights, but honestly a 1.4ltr 4 pot doesn't need this, if anything it will eventually prematurely wear out the starter, and in a GM it's just one more thing to break. The Car isn't terrible and is a really good attempt on what a small SUV should be, but it was just not done well.. It feels like the designers wanted one thing, but GM lawyers wanted the cheaper option, and the dealers are caught in the middle.

Middle age empty nester
By Gryfx1

2015 Buick Encore SUV Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Not for the 20, 30, or early 40 year olds.
I just turned 50, with 1 college bound child of 4 leaving home. My husband and I Love the small but Jazzy SUV style. I will not fit all 8 grandchildren in it. But when we hit the road (just us two), the quite but efficient city to highway drive is fun and just fast enough. Exceleration is there, just push down on the pedal!! No it's not my grandfathers car, but this Jazzy Nana, is happy driving her 2015 Buick Encore. 4 stars.

I traded my VW Tiguan for an Encore.
By A.B.

2015 Buick Encore SUV Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The comfort is great, Very quiet ride. Ok it doesn't have as much power as my Tiguan which I miss in times when taking off and getting on the Hwy. Once on the road, the ride is very pleasant, much more quiet compared to the Tiquan. The back seat is not meant for tall people. The bench is pretty narrow, but I don't often have passengers riding in the back. What can I say about cargo space other than it is a compact car, and therefore space is limited but still offers plenty room and hight. If I need more space I can always fold the backseats down. To me the Encore Premium offers plenty of luxury, comfort and it is a gas pleaser and eye candy inside out.