2014 Buick Encore Consumer Review: 2014 Buick Encore SUV

2014 Buick Encore - Consumer Review

2014 Buick Encore SUV
By seanesther on

2014 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2014 Buick Encore White perl. About $32,000 before tax for full fully loaded premium AWD 2014 incluing cargo net, organiser, cargo floor, floor mats etc. I have driven it from Seattle to Los Angeles for a week mostly west coast 1 and 101 hwy. Here is what I felt after driving over 1400 miles. 1. Very comfy riding experience, also thx to the noise reduction technology. Stylish exterior and cute design good for 20s 30s female driver. 2. Despite of small suv size, it is roomy inside for 4 ppl. Cargo space is little tight though. 3. No problem merging hwy; however, no confident following another suv up on the mountain hills. I felt little embarrassing.

Favorite Features

With Leather, heated seats, sunroof, power seats, Navigation, mp3 Bose sound system, bluetooth, onStar, lane change and blined spot warning system, rear monitor camera, parking assi sensors 18" wheel etc..You probably end up paying over 50 or 60 grand on bmw or M.benz. This is a good choice if you dont mind less horse power and I like its warranty yrs.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs definetely either HID headlight. Projection headlamp is not still bright enough. Bose sound system: More base sound needed for me after setting it to max (compared to BMW kardon harman) Go with Leather package if you dont need: Sunroof, Parking assi or lane departure or blind spot waning system, Bose Sound system, 18" inch chorme weel (I exchanged to 18"inch aluminum). You will save couple thousands more.
By janidb
on 03/31/15 15:41 PM (PDT)

I have a 2014 Leather. You can get the blind spot warning system with it. Also, I didn't get the Navigation system, which I found too expensive. Regarding going up hills, I don't feel embarrassed at all, because I use the Manual range, where you can put the car in the gear that it feels comfortable in, and it just purrs up the slope and doesn't have to struggle before it changes down. I have driven it up to the top of Pikes Peak (14,110 ft) and Mount Evans (14,265 ft) with no problems. The Manual range is even more useful on the way down, where you can use the compression to control speed and save your brakes. I agree that you have to accept the lower power, but unless you want to race around, it's fine. And, as you said, there's no trouble driving on the highway. My Encore is 16 months old now, I have had no service problems with it and I still love it!