Used 2013 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Encore - Consumer Reviews

2013 Buick Encore

View reviews for a specific Encore model:

Excellent vehicle, very happy
By soulmanencore

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After purchasing the vehicle new June 29, 2013 and logging approximately 3000 miles, I am very satisfied. After a recent trip of 2850 miles in 10 days through highways, interstates, and the back roads and mountain roads of West Virginia, I am very satisfied. From Indiana to Florida and back, the car averaged 33.2 miles per gallon running the air conditioning all of the time. I was originally concerned that it might lack power in the mountains but I was pleasantly surprised. I was able to pass on hills and the Encore was responsive to quick acceleration. The car was very comfortable. The convex blind spot mirrors take some time to get used to but I am very pleased with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, rear view camera, excellent sound system, comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The only negative I found is backing out of parking spaces, the Encore has a bit of a blind spot in the quarter panel areas.

Cute ute
By buggin

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is one small compact crossover. We looked at all of them and I mean all! None of them made us feel the way this little baby Buick did. Its classy, sharp, upscale and cut all in one. True its not going to win a race but it is not mean to nor was it made for that. It has plenty of punch. We only have 385 miles on it and are getting 27 in the city, not bad for an AWD that take regular. Give this vehicle a chance. Buick has touched upon an important market and we are glad they did.

Favorite Features

All of it! Its finished off like a $40,000 car. Handle well, seating position good and the placement of the Nav screen is excellent. You do not have to look down just over

Suggested Improvements

Make the Bose standard in packages Leather and up.

Love my 2013 Encore
By peegggers

2013 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Encore for 2 months now. I've been using it for my daily commute of 70 miles round trip...and am getting an average of 27.2 mpg. Just got back from a 10 day 10 state trip driving through torrential rain (tropical storm Andrea) and the only complaints I have is the Bluetooth wouldn't always connect with my phone and sometimes the GPS wouldn't work. It was a little bit hard to pass other cars in the mountains of Pennsylvania but every other part of the trip the driving was great! We averaged 33 mpg. Plenty of room for 2 people and with the back seats folded down there was plenty of cargo space.

Favorite Features

Interior is rich looking. MPG is so much better than my Jeep Liberty....and much roomier and more comfortable on long rides.

Suggested Improvements

I would like just a little more power but I don't want to sacrifice my MPG....and "regular" gas.

Great ride, very quiet
By dakkri

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this after driving the other small suv choices. This had the best options and the best ride for the money. This is a small vehicle, but has plenty of front legroom for my wife and I. Those that complain about the lack of power, this is not and not meant to be an enclave. I find adequate power, just push down a little farther on the gas pedal. As an empty-nester this car does what we bought it for, comfort, quiet, room to carry cargo and pets with rear seats folded and good gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Love the dual zone A/C, the seats are comfortable on long trips, very quiet even at highway speeds. Handles rough roads without bouncing all over the place. Good headroom.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the backup camera had a grid that showed distances like my other car does.

Super stoked about my Encore
By toby65

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After two months of car shopping, I ended up right where I started & that's gotta say something about my new ride! After GM agreed to buy back my 2011 Chevy Equinox because it was a lemon, I suddenly found myself test driving everything from the Toyota prius to the Chevy cruze. In the end I went with the Encore because it's a snappy little SUV with great MPG & even though my Chevy was a lemon, GM did right by me & took care of it with little effort on my behalf.

Favorite Features

I'm addicted to OnStar & the car drives so smooth & cost less then a comparably equipped (leather, navigation, Sunroof & Bose audio) Equinox (which also gets lower MPG).

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have power liftgate & proximity key w/push button start.