2013 Buick Encore - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Encore model:
Loving my little SUV
By spitzlab on 04/11/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Encore for about 2 weeks and have begun to have fun driving again. It's very manuverable in traffic and i can zip down the hwy if i want to. I think it looks stylish and not like the rest of the pack. While it's small I had no problem getting into it and I'm a very large person. I have arthritis and some of those higher vehicles just didn't work for me. Also My 77y/o mom can get in and out of this very easy too. I'm getting 24 MPG on my first 300 miles and it's the AWD model and it's city driving. It's had all the features that i was hoping for and more. And i could afford it. Since most adults now spend more time single than married this is the perfect vehicle for a single too!

Buick Encore I like it but....
By rmc62 on 03/16/13 16:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Hello Just bought the new buick encore. Well, I really like it! Fun to drive and great style. However less than 24 hrs from purchasing the car I hit something in the road and damage the front bumper. Well, now waiting for GM to get the part! My dealer has been great but looks like GM is not ready to service the car. It has been week and no confirmed date on when the part will arrive. Nice car but you may be waiting if you have any damage and it needs repair.

Quiet ride with luxurious comfort and reasonable gas consumption
By angra on 03/14/13 05:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Based on first impressions, the new Encore offers a nice comfortable super-quiet ride. It is is easy to maneuver in traffic and it has a lot of good features. During the test drive, I could get it to merge on the highway without any problems--of course, I did not expect it to glide (say the way an Infinity does). I bought it because of its fuel economy, but it is still fun to drive. It took no time to connect my blue-tooth phone and have music come out beautifully from the Bose speakers. Don't let all the knobs discourage you--the system is actually easy to use! Having moved from an Acura TSX, I like the slightly higher ride while still having a compact size.

In search for a perfect urban family vehicle
By gluzdov on 02/09/13 09:36 AM (PST)

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up this emergency upgrade from a 2006 Scion xB on 2/7/13. As I heard, xB upgrade was some of Buick's engineer's purpose for Encore design. This review is my first impressions. So far, I hate one and only thing: bling. All Leather Group Encores that were available right now had chrome wheels and you can't change it. This is an addition of $1,000 to the total car price that was forced down my throat by some schlub on Buick's payroll who decided that's what the first batch of Leather Group Encores should have. There are other decorative, non functional "design" elements that I am learning to tolerate. Fake plastic hood vents are not cool, despite what the hoodlums are saying.

New Encore is nice
By bosco16 on 02/04/13 10:52 AM (PST)

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Enjoying this vehicle very much. My wife will be driving it and she loves the size and design. Great mpg, very quiet and fun to drive. Looks small on the outside but seems big on the inside. Engine is not overpowering but very peppy. Is a small turbo that uses regular gas.... with mid to high 20's mpg for in-town driving. Fit and finish is very good.

Disappointed with Buick Encore
By neilman on 02/03/13 14:16 PM (PST)

2013 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Vehicle road tested wonderful during the dealer visit, but has been a huge disappointment after taking it home. We already exchanged the vehicle (so we're on our second one) and really appreciate the dealership's cooperation with doing their best to make the situation right for us. Both vehicles have the same problem, in fact the 2nd one is worse and I wish I had kept the 1st one. While entering and exiting our driveway (with the steering turned left or right) which has a normal drainage dip (water canal) between the road and driveway elevation, there are thumping noises coming from the suspension. Of course as is typical...the problem could not be duplicated at the dealership. I have driven many many cars on my driveway and never heard this type of noise from any other car. I owned 4 GM cars over a 20 year period through 2009, and finally gave up due to the consistent need to pour money into repairs after about 4 - 5 years of ownership. I thought things may have improved and gave it another shot, but I guess I was dead wrong. I feel terribly let down and like I made a huge mistake. The classic definition of 'insanity' is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I must be insane for falling for the same mistake over and over.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Buick Encore in VA is:

$142 per month*