Used 2013 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Encore - Consumer Reviews

2013 Buick Encore

View reviews for a specific Encore model:

Leaks & more...
By Brian Alley

2013 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 27,000 miles was loving this car then bam a maintenance nightmare. 3 recalls (seat belt issues & parking brake cable) a oil pan leak & a vibration/buzz that turned into an exhaust system failure that required an all new system. While they were fixing these problems they found a coolant leak & are now replacing the water pump. Disappointing as I was crazy about this ride...I'm asking for an extended warranty as this is looking like a lemon?

Engine Issues
By glendive

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After driving 13800 miles, in trips of 1400 to1600 miles per trip, since I purchased this SUV I can honestly say it needs more horse power for the road. Going up hills, and going into headwinds puts a definite strain on this little engine. And the more it strains the less MPG it gets. I also am concerned with the air intake design beings this car stalled out on me while driving one crappy winter day in ND. This is not a good situation for a new car to have happen to it and the passengers. Snow/moisture should not get into parts of the engine compartment where it can cause problems.

Favorite Features

In city driving is a snappy ride. Excellent turning radius. Good highway gas mileage if no winds past 15mph are encountered. Good interior features except for the cheesy sun visors that don't extend to block entire length of side windows. AWD functions quite well.

Suggested Improvements

1. Give it more power. 2. Redesign the engine compartment so that stalling, due to snow/moisture getting into places it shouldn't, can't happen. I can only say, wish one of the designers could have been with me on that nasty winter day the car stalled. 3. Backup camera should be mounted elsewhere. It gets clouded up with dirt/grim rather quickly in its current location. 4. If AWD turns off for one of its programmed reasons it tells you. However, it does not tell you when it has turned back on. Tell us when it turns back on.

heater
By lynned

2013 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

on short trips at 25 below c. the heat gauge comes up to normal then when you turn the fan wide open the heat gauge goes back to cold and blows cold air on highway driving works ok dealer put new thermostat in still same problem returned to dealer who phoned gm and was told there seems to be a problem with heat has anyone else had this problem

Nice car for the money
By 45thannivstang

2013 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

You get a super nice car for around $30,000, if you go with the premium package like we did. We got the saddle brown leather interior, which smells and feels wonderful, and is very luxurious. We put a child seat in the back, and in doing that, you have to move the front seat up, which makes for a less than comfy ride...and I'm only 5'7"! The gadgets are well placed, and the ride is very quiet and comfortable. The car looks very elegant inside and out, and has every option you could ever want. Performance on this vehicle sucks, straight up. It is probably one of the weaker vehicles I have ever driven, and takes about 10 seconds to get to 60 mph.

Favorite Features

Leather, guages, navigation/satellite, bluetooth phone pairing, backup camera, driver-side armrest.

Suggested Improvements

Another engine. Performance is absolutely terrible.

New Encore, 1 month in.
By jdr62

2013 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So far I love my Encore, it's the perfect size, attractive and plenty of power in the city. I am not experiencing the in town mileage most are posting on here (23.5 mpg) but giving it a little break in time. No complaints so far, although I am experiencing the same thumping noise in the front end another review on here mentions, and eventually gave the car back to GM ? I highly recommend the Encore, and I get a ton of compliments on it.

Favorite Features

Appearance both interior and exterior.

Suggested Improvements

An Opel/Vauxhall Mokka rear FlexFit bike carrier system.