Used 2014 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Believe in Quite Tuning
By Rattler

2014 Buick Enclave SUV Premium Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave is an EXCELLENT value. Very quite, very smooth, spacious, well appointed, comfortable, elegant appearance, perfect drive train package, excellent Infotainment unit with redundant manual controls, no service issues, excellent gas mileage for the size of the vehicle. Does it get any better?

Update after 2 years and 12,000 miles. I would not alter my previous ratings. We have enjoyed the Enclave as much if
not better than any vehicle we have ever owned. Not one service issue, that just might be the best part.
Still believing in quite tuning.

Cosmetic problems
By Cynthia Johnson

2014 Buick Enclave SUV Convenience Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had several issues with the cosmetics :
1. Defect on the side of the console. Had to have it replaced
2. The seal around the windshield became warped. Had to be replaced
3. The vinyl on the front door is peeling, There seems to be a thin film coating on the vinyl that is peeling. It looks like dead skin. I just continued to peel it all off. There does not appear to be any damage for discoloration underneath the film.

Very uncomfortable seats
By tiorob

2014 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Really like the car and the drive however there is one huge issue that makes me wish I never bought this vehicle. Since I bought this car I have had major neck issues. The drivers seat neck rest is extremely uncomfortable and has created ongoing issues. I am upside down on the lease and have been told by two dealers that there is nothing they can do. Yet I understand they completely changed the head rest design in the newer models. My husband refuses to drive it because it is very uncomfortable for him as well. Does anyone have a solution or similar issue? I still have over a year left on the lease. Like the Buick but disappointed in the issue not being resolved.

Nice luxurious car

I need a solution for the neck rest issue

Luxury at Value
By ugnaut

2014 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We went looking for crossovers we first looked at mid-small size ones. The big issue for my wife was comfortable seats and a little luxury if you drive a lot of miles. Its hard to find in the 20-30 range. We actually like the Encore but that was about 30 with the leather package with no deals.
We looked at higher price/luxury cars from Acura, Audi, BMW, etc.. We ended up with Leather package Enclave at around 40k after discounts, rebates. We didn't want to pay 50K+ for name only, the Buick was a nice middle ground between luxury and value. We ignored features such as Nav and more electronics which everybody always complains about on most brands, besides the Iphone works as well. See favs.

The styling is great we went with champagne silver with cocachino leather interior. The interior is sharp. Is it as sharp as a 60k Audi or more BMW, no. Both seats are super comfy, 10 way adj each including 2 way lumbar on both, seats were probably the most imp. thing, and these were the best of all vehicles tested. The interior design choices and colors were varied we really like our mix. The 2nd row bucket seats are also very comfy. The vehicle is huge, 202 inches, you cant get this room and this price and quality in another brand. The ride is awesome, so smooth, plenty of power, we love it. All the electronics and rear safety features are great, can't say enough, very little complaints.

Remove Console compartment with USB, its very difficult to reach, to far away on center of dash, and dash is huge place usb in center console which is awesome.. 3rd row bench seat is not very comfy. Adults can fit but not big ones but overall plenty of room. with back seat down, we have more room than crv with back seats down. Don't get the nav, we never will pay an extra grand or more for something that works just as well on phone without glitches or potential breakdown. You get free oil changes/tire rotates for 24 months. Atleast add this to your test drive list, to check it out. Oh yeah the at night its great with the ambient lighting and xenon headlights low beams light up forever.

Front Collision Alert needs improvement
By ckaushal

2014 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the car is great but the FCA system still needs improvements. When I started driving the FCA system was detecting collision warning bet the red flash and beep was not working. After few months for some reason it started working again. Either Buick did and update or they system may have some algorithm that learns with time. Now some times it falsely detect the front collision from the cars driving on opposite lanes on turns/curved roads, that does not bothers me. So far no mechanical or electrical failures. We took the car for couple of longs trips (>2k miles) and it was very comfortable and gave us no trouble.
One more minor issue I noticed so far with gear shifting at low speed when driving uphill. For some reason I felt little jerks during gear shifting, it felt like car got confused with gear while driving up
hill, especially if while driving uphill you let the gas padel go and press it again quickly, the car thinks hat you want to stop and if you speed up again it give a weard jerk. It happened to me few times but it's ok with me as I don't drive much on hills.