2014 Buick Enclave Consumer Review: Luxurious, but Nav system need

2014 Buick Enclave - Consumer Review

Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Luxurious, but Nav system needs work.
By enclaveguy on

2014 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Enclave.
My first was in ’08, the introduction year.
I've loved it since.
I have the 2014 model & it's equally as nice with more bells & whistles.
Overall, I would rate the Enclave as excellent.
Its quality and luxury at a fairly affordable price.
The Enclave is a heavy vehicle, so the power on the 2008 model seemed to be lacking, but the 2014 seems to have more power to get up to speed on the freeway.
The interior color options seem to be lacking however, kind of funky for my tastes and I am not in love with the fake plastic "wood" trim inside.
Buick missed the design mark on this.
The navigation system leaves a lot to be desired as it is not very intuitive.

Update 03-14-16: My original opinions above still hold true today. I love the Buick Enclave. I've had no issues in the past two years, other than the Nav system still needs to be reworked in my opinion. It's not intuitive and the touch response is a lacking. Sometimes you really have to push down on those virtual buttons to get the system to respond. It needs a complete redesign. I'd rather log into my phone for navigation and GPS. The Buick Nav just doesn't cut it. You set something and then months down the line, the system defaults to the factory setting. I didn't push anything (I think!!), but yet my saved settings seem to change on their own. You can't "pinch" the screen to make it smaller, there is no touching the screen to move the map over, you have to use the presets. If you pinch the screen like you would with your cell phone, you end up flipping the map upside down and try not to get into a car accident trying to reset it! Not at all intuitive.

• Outward visibility
  • Usb ports
  • Bluetooth
  • Warranty

• Navigation

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review