Luxurious, but Nav system needs work.
By enclaveguy on
2014 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
This is my 2nd Enclave. My first was in ’08, the introduction year. I've loved it since. I have the 2014 model & it's equally as nice with more bells & whistles. Overall, I would rate the Enclave as excellent. Its quality and luxury at a fairly affordable price. The Enclave is a heavy vehicle, so the power on the 2008 model seemed to be lacking, but the 2014 seems to have more power to get up to speed on the freeway. The interior color options seem to be lacking however, kind of funky for my tastes and I am not in love with the fake plastic "wood" trim inside. Buick missed the design mark on this. The navigation system leaves a lot to be desired as it is not very intuitive.
Favorite Features
The "leather" dash has more of an upscale quality because of the real stitching. Love the climate controls in this model year, much improved with a "sync" option to sync the passenger side temperature to that of the driver side with one touch. The included backup camera was optional in 2008 but much needed in a crossover this size. I really appreciate the lane drift feature which warns you when you drift out of your lane, but by far the most useful feature is the blind spot warning in the mirrors. It doesn't replace verifying before you merge, it is very helpful when there is a small vehicle in your blind spot. I also enjoy having my cell phone sync to the onboard Bluetooth.
Suggested Improvements
Need more options for the fake plastic wood interior. There should be more options such as stainless, brushed aluminum, real wood, etc. The navigation system is useless. You ask it to navigate to a POI & it can't find it. My cheap cell phone has better navigation. The nav system needs a complete overhaul. The touch screen on the "Infotainment" center is buggy… you either have to press really hard or hardly at all. Anything in between doesn't seem to register. Voice command seems to work well with my cell, but not with navigation. You ask it to find something and it can't find it. Not sure how it's powered, but it's lackluster at best. Buick needs to rethink this software.