2014 Buick Enclave Consumer Review: Front Collision Alert needs im

2014 Buick Enclave - Consumer Review

Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Front Collision Alert needs improvement
By ckaushal on

2014 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the car is great but the FCA system still needs improvements. When I started driving the FCA system was detecting collision warning bet the red flash and beep was not working. After few months for some reason it started working again. Either Buick did and update or they system may have some algorithm that learns with time. Now some times it falsely detect the front collision from the cars driving on opposite lanes on turns/curved roads, that does not bothers me. So far no mechanical or electrical failures. We took the car for couple of longs trips (>2k miles) and it was very comfortable and gave us no trouble.
One more minor issue I noticed so far with gear shifting at low speed when driving uphill. For some reason I felt little jerks during gear shifting, it felt like car got confused with gear while driving up
hill, especially if while driving uphill you let the gas padel go and press it again quickly, the car thinks hat you want to stop and if you speed up again it give a weard jerk. It happened to me few times but it's ok with me as I don't drive much on hills.

• Outward visibility
  • Headlights
  • Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Usb ports
  • Bluetooth
  • Navigation

• Fuel economy

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review