2014 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Cosmetic problems
By Cynthia Johnson

2014 Buick Enclave Convenience Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had several issues with the cosmetics : 1. Defect on the side of the console. Had to have it replaced 2. The seal around the windshield became warped. Had to be replaced 3. The vinyl on the front door is peeling, There seems to be a thin film coating on the vinyl that is peeling. It looks like dead skin. I just continued to peel it all off. There does not appear to be any damage for discoloration underneath the film.

Very uncomfortable seats
By tiorob

2014 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Really like the car and the drive however there is one huge issue that makes me wish I never bought this vehicle. Since I bought this car I have had major neck issues. The drivers seat neck rest is extremely uncomfortable and has created ongoing issues. I am upside down on the lease and have been told by two dealers that there is nothing they can do. Yet I understand they completely changed the head rest design in the newer models. My husband refuses to drive it because it is very uncomfortable for him as well. Does anyone have a solution or similar issue? I still have over a year left on the lease. Like the Buick but disappointed in the issue not being resolved.

Nice luxurious car

I need a solution for the neck rest issue

Luxury at Value
By ugnaut

2014 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We went looking for crossovers we first looked at mid-small size ones. The big issue for my wife was comfortable seats and a little luxury if you drive a lot of miles. Its hard to find in the 20-30 range. We actually like the Encore but that was about 30 with the leather package with no deals. We looked at higher price/luxury cars from Acura, Audi, BMW, etc.. We ended up with Leather package Enclave at around 40k after discounts, rebates. We didn't want to pay 50K+ for name only, the Buick was a nice middle ground between luxury and value. We ignored features such as Nav and more electronics which everybody always complains about on most brands, besides the Iphone works as well. See favs.

The styling is great we went with champagne silver with cocachino leather interior. The interior is sharp. Is it as sharp as a 60k Audi or more BMW, no. Both seats are super comfy, 10 way adj each including 2 way lumbar on both, seats were probably the most imp. thing, and these were the best of all vehicles tested. The interior design choices and colors were varied we really like our mix. The 2nd row bucket seats are also very comfy. The vehicle is huge, 202 inches, you cant get this room and this price and quality in another brand. The ride is awesome, so smooth, plenty of power, we love it. All the electronics and rear safety features are great, can't say enough, very little complaints.

Remove Console compartment with USB, its very difficult to reach, to far away on center of dash, and dash is huge place usb in center console which is awesome.. 3rd row bench seat is not very comfy. Adults can fit but not big ones but overall plenty of room. with back seat down, we have more room than crv with back seats down. Don't get the nav, we never will pay an extra grand or more for something that works just as well on phone without glitches or potential breakdown. You get free oil changes/tire rotates for 24 months. Atleast add this to your test drive list, to check it out. Oh yeah the at night its great with the ambient lighting and xenon headlights low beams light up forever.

Front Collision Alert: Useless
By ckaushal

2014 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the car is great but the FCA system is useless. Drove the car for 3 days and intentially testing this feature in (Far) mode, it did not beep even when i was within 10 feets at 55MPH.I called Buick customer service and they were useless and just asked me to call the dealer. The result of the conversation with dealer was the beep may still work but only when you are super close to the car in front OR in other words the whole beeping feature is useless as you will probably hit the car in front even if the FCA system beeps. The display indicator did work (turned orange/amber color) at around 10 feet (in far mode), but without a beep it's useless.Bad advertising from BUICK on a 50K car.

blind spot sensor works great. lane departure warning in good. access to 3rd row is great. It definately quiter than most of the cars (same size).

Fix the forward collision alert system.

Luxurious, but Nav system needs work.
By enclaveguy

2014 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Enclave. My first was in ’08, the introduction year. I've loved it since. I have the 2014 model & it's equally as nice with more bells & whistles. Overall, I would rate the Enclave as excellent. Its quality and luxury at a fairly affordable price. The Enclave is a heavy vehicle, so the power on the 2008 model seemed to be lacking, but the 2014 seems to have more power to get up to speed on the freeway. The interior color options seem to be lacking however, kind of funky for my tastes and I am not in love with the fake plastic "wood" trim inside. Buick missed the design mark on this. The navigation system leaves a lot to be desired as it is not very intuitive.

The "leather" dash has more of an upscale quality because of the real stitching. Love the climate controls in this model year, much improved with a "sync" option to sync the passenger side temperature to that of the driver side with one touch. The included backup camera was optional in 2008 but much needed in a crossover this size. I really appreciate the lane drift feature which warns you when you drift out of your lane, but by far the most useful feature is the blind spot warning in the mirrors. It doesn't replace verifying before you merge, it is very helpful when there is a small vehicle in your blind spot. I also enjoy having my cell phone sync to the onboard Bluetooth.

Need more options for the fake plastic wood interior. There should be more options such as stainless, brushed aluminum, real wood, etc. The navigation system is useless. You ask it to navigate to a POI & it can't find it. My cheap cell phone has better navigation. The nav system needs a complete overhaul. The touch screen on the "Infotainment" center is buggy… you either have to press really hard or hardly at all. Anything in between doesn't seem to register. Voice command seems to work well with my cell, but not with navigation. You ask it to find something and it can't find it. Not sure how it's powered, but it's lackluster at best. Buick needs to rethink this software.