Great...but very frustrating navigation system.
By davidgi on
2013 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
This car was primarily for my wife. She had been driving a Chevy Suburban. It was doing a fine job hauling our family around (three children and two large dogs) on vacation or around town. However, when it came time to replace the Suburban after 150+K miles, we switched to the Enclave. It's one of the finest SUV for the money. I highly recommend the Enclave, but the buyer should evaluate the touch screen and especially the Navigation system before they decide which vehicle to buy. My wife has no confidence in the Navigation system and often resorts to using her smart phone Maps App to find her way around.
Favorite Features
This SUV looks great. Everything fits together very nicely and the attention to detail is first class. The engine shifts smoothly and sounds slightly sporty when pushed hard. Only on occassion does it feel slightly under powered. The Bose sound system is great. Hands down, one of the best we experienced when shopping around. Since the car is very quiet; you don't need to turn it up to appreciate the speakers. Seats are very comfortable with multiple means of adjustment. Tall drivers will appreciate this because the steering wheel column is very low and sometimes painfully reminds me its there when I swing my legs. I remedied this by sitting the seat to a lower position.
Suggested Improvements
We've had the Enclave for 4-months. The navigation system is the worst I have seen on the market. The touch screen is just "OK", but the navigation system takes frustration to the next level. Our last family car did not have a navigation system; we used a portable Garmin (which are still very good). The voice recognition doesn't recognize half of our voice commands; especially when using multiple syllable words (we have zero accent). The user interface is not intuitive, it's slow to recognize input and often enters double/triple letters because your not sure the system picked up your original input. You also enter in street name before number. Who thinks like that?? i.e. Brown St.; 101