Used 2013 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Love Love Love my 2013 Enclave
By enclave3

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2013 Enclave for one month. We just returned from a 3,000 mile trip to the mountains and the Enclave performed flawlessly. It was so comfortable, quiet and efficient. I had a 2010 Enclave I thought was great, but this car is much improved. The transmission responds immediatly instead of hesitating and searching for gears. I look forward to driving this car. Kudos to Buick!!!!!!

LED exterior running lights Ambient interior lighting Beautiful interior finishes Smooth, comfortable ride Improved transmission Improved mileage

Great...but very frustrating navigation system.
By davidgi

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car was primarily for my wife. She had been driving a Chevy Suburban. It was doing a fine job hauling our family around (three children and two large dogs) on vacation or around town. However, when it came time to replace the Suburban after 150+K miles, we switched to the Enclave. It's one of the finest SUV for the money. I highly recommend the Enclave, but the buyer should evaluate the touch screen and especially the Navigation system before they decide which vehicle to buy. My wife has no confidence in the Navigation system and often resorts to using her smart phone Maps App to find her way around.

This SUV looks great. Everything fits together very nicely and the attention to detail is first class. The engine shifts smoothly and sounds slightly sporty when pushed hard. Only on occassion does it feel slightly under powered. The Bose sound system is great. Hands down, one of the best we experienced when shopping around. Since the car is very quiet; you don't need to turn it up to appreciate the speakers. Seats are very comfortable with multiple means of adjustment. Tall drivers will appreciate this because the steering wheel column is very low and sometimes painfully reminds me its there when I swing my legs. I remedied this by sitting the seat to a lower position.

We've had the Enclave for 4-months. The navigation system is the worst I have seen on the market. The touch screen is just "OK", but the navigation system takes frustration to the next level. Our last family car did not have a navigation system; we used a portable Garmin (which are still very good). The voice recognition doesn't recognize half of our voice commands; especially when using multiple syllable words (we have zero accent). The user interface is not intuitive, it's slow to recognize input and often enters double/triple letters because your not sure the system picked up your original input. You also enter in street name before number. Who thinks like that?? i.e. Brown St.; 101

Good to see Buick being relevant!
By 4262

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I were in search of a 7-passenger vehicle and searched high and low. In the end, the refreshed Enclave offered everything we were looking for.

Refreshed exterior with nice LED driving lights. Interior is comfortable with lots of nice features like touchscreen display and nice materials used for dash, seats and door panels.

There are only two things I would change about it. The 1st is having a keyless remote like most of the luxury vehicles in this segment. 2nd would be getting rid of the sunscreen in favor of the traditional solid panel to cover the roof. Aside from that, no complaints here and we are hoping it brings years of enjoyment!

Buick Hits a Homerun
By john178

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Premium Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had our Enclave for 1 week and absolutely love everything about it. The interior is much more plush than the 2012 model. The quiet cabin is as advertised. The ride is so comfortable it is hard to describe. The led rope lighting on the doors and dash are classy. First time we got the articulating headlamps and this actually helps enlarge the area of lighting when turning. The rear entertainment system will be well used by grandkids. The Intellilink is user freindly and awesome. The spaciousness for all 7 seats is impressive.

Intellilink/Navigation system is really nice. The Atlantis Blue Metallic is a new color this year and is quite attractive with the Titanium interior. The lighting at night- both exterior and interior is beautiful. I admit being a safety nut and the additional middle front seat airbag is nice, and side blind zone alert with rear cross traffic alert is appreciated. The 20" ultra bright aluminum wheels make this Enclave a headturner. We haven't had to use the All Wheel drive but is a nice safety feature to have when needed.

A car in this price range needs a HUD, which I miss from our other car. An earlier Enclave model we owned had a remote power sunroof shade; this 2013 model is hand powered.

Buick made me buy American again
By johnkay

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'd like to congratulate the Buick team for bringing their product line out of the stone ages. I left this company for dead. I just bought a 2013 Enclave AWD, leather edition and all I can say is WOW. The fit & finish is right up there with Lexus or Mercedes. They didn't short cut as American manufacturers generally do. I can't believe that this car is even American built. The car handles great and the ride is smooth. I especially love the Nav/electronics of the vehicle and it seems that Buick is up to date with these features. The led rope lighting the circles around the top of the dash and front doors is a nice touch at night.

LED headlights Led rope lighting on the dash on front doors. Exterior design Handling Fit & finish General look and feel of the dash and console

Needs larger front brakes. Stopping power is meh. Sorely needs front parking sensors (bizarre why they left this feature out) Needs Push to start - kind of expected in a 50k car Driver's seat is not comfortable at all and is killing the whole experience for me, which is sad because the rest of the car is AWESOME. I can't seem to find a comfortable adjustment. I wish Buick would copy the exact comfort of the Toyota Sienna's (limited Ed) seats. You melt in those seats. Improved fuel economy. I'm getting 14 mpg folks. I don't have a heavy foot nor accelerate hard. Better microphone when using phone. People complain. Rims need better styling. Too conservative. Let's get sporty!