Used 2013 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2013 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Cheap Plastic
By mrkj1

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Premium Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my 2011 Cadillac SRX Performance model Seats were to hard and harsh ride. Found seats and ride in Buick put Cadillac to shame. Much more solid on road. Handling is excellent. But for $53,000 list price. The cheap plastic decor inside this car makes it really look cheap and poor quality I am not sure I would purchase it again.

Favorite Features

Comfort of seats, ride & handling. very Solid

Suggested Improvements

Remove all the cheap plastic, use real wood or just use leather trim No push button start No rain sensitive wipers

As Advertised, Except for the NAV
By forks2

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle for our expanding family. We went from a 2009 Rav4 to the 2013 Buick Enclave. Lots of space, comfy ride (we've made a few trips up and down the coast with no complaints), and runs smoothly. It is a bit hard to see out the back, but the camera more than makes up for it. Definitely our favorite feature. Two issues with the Enclave: the first is the head rest. For whatever reason, my neck is never comfortable regardless on how I position it. Also, it does not lock into place so whenever someone climbs in the back and grabs it, the headrest gets knocked out of position. The second is the NAV system. Definitely a complete waste of money.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, captain chairs, leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

Revamp the Nav system. It takes forever to reroute and will typically direct you 30 miles out of the way to get you back to the original directions instead of rerouting you. Also, the system has completely locked up on us numerous times and the dealership wasn't able to do anything to fix it. The one on the iPhone is better.

Nice but horrible City/Hwy combo gas mileage
By lsegundo

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car rides great, interiors really nice, I like the overall features. Have had the car since July(now Oct) and I am getting horrible gas mileage. With a City/Hwy combo every day to/from work I average 12 miles to the gallon. It is so sad to watch....and fill up the tank. The dealer advised to give it to 5K before engine is broken in, but I am not too optimistic - and may be looking to trade it in for that alone.

Favorite Features

Cargo is awesome and was selling point Interiors are nice All design Features also nice Fits me well 5'4 and hubby 6'4

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy needs a huge boost. I am getting less miles per gallon than I did on my 13 yr old Xterra...

Sunroof leaks
By gabill1

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

V6 lacks power, especially on hilly terrain. Sunroof has leaked entire first year of ownership. Apparently Buick unwilling or unable to correct.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

More power. Towel to dry off in the rain.

Made us Buy American
By cbitman

2013 Buick Enclave SUV Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is truly a wonderful car and our first American car in many years. We have three children under 10 and this is by far the most roomy and classy ride that money can buy. It is a quient and very nicely appointed interior. Having the captains chairs was a must for us and this is the nicest car with that option. One complaint is the hazard button is way too sensitive. i hit that all the time when using the radio. Otherwise, love this car!