Good MPG for it's size
By kb5868 on
2011 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I bought a 2011 Enclave with only 20k miles after my lease was up on my 2012 Infiniti EX35. My Enclave gets a consistent 17 mpg in town compared to 15 mpg for the EX. It is easily twice the size of the Infiniti, the primary reason for not getting another EX lease - no one could fit in the back seat! So, for a vehicle that is nearly as large as my Yukon Denali, I'm fairly impressed with the gas mileage. everyone has their opinions, but I was puzzled by all the comments about how 2-3 mpg was bankrupting people that bought $45k cars and were considering $60k cars with better MPG to make up the difference. Different econ class than I had in high school I guess...LOL!
Favorite Features
Roominess, highway stability and ride, reasonable MPG for it's size, resale value ( MUCH better than my Infiniti EX - good thing that was a lease or it would have been a huge loss)
Suggested Improvements
Hate the transmission characteristics - the roll back, the high revs on accel from a stop. I get it, looking for MPG and peak torque, but annoying in it's operation. Steering wheel blocks instruments for taller people at any seat height or tilt/telescope position.