Used 2011 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

So far so good.
By rafanna

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Buick for about 7 months now. I like and I am happy I bought it. I do miss my Tahoe everyday though. It was more comforable and the radio was far more supreme than the one in the Enclave. It get about 19 miles to the gallon on average only about 3 more mile than my Tahoe. I do love and enjoy the bluetooth that has great clarity and the sunroof. Over all I am happy, but will go back to a Tahoe probably in a few years.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth and the sunroof

Suggested Improvements

The radio has to be improved for as much as this car cost. The door trimming stains very easily.

Follow Up On Earlier Review
By rusgc

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just completed 3500 mile trip with new Enclave, I'm adding to earlier review. Ride is excellant and it's quiet. It's a big car, I didn't get used to the size as I thought I would with driving time. Poor outward visibility, and lack of maneuverability in tight spaces, i.e., parking garages, and busy parking lots is my biggest complaint. Gas mileage is disappointing, hoped for rated mileage at least, but it's 1 or 2 mpg less than rated. Interior conveniences are either lacking or too small to be useful. We've had minivans for years, nothing beats them for travelling convenience so I'm biased on these points. Overall, it's a comfortable, nice, if not exciting or "fun" to drive, car.

Favorite Features

Good looking, smooth, quiet ride. Rich interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better location and sizing of interior conveniences for travelling, i.e., hanger hooks inside back doors. No conveniently placed hanger hooks seems minor but annoying to us. Improve visibility, i.e., larger glass area. Improve gas mileage.

Quiet, refined, but...
By flablueovalfan

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There is much to like about the '11 Buick Enclave. It provides a serene, luxurious ride. However, there are a few inexplicable and obvious nods to cost cutting that do not belong in a $50,000+ vehicle of this class. I particularly dislike the fact that the front passenger seat cushion adjusts front to back only - no angle adjustment! And is it to much to ask for some ambient interior lighting - like my $15,000 less expensive '11 Mustang GT has? A few bits of interior materials could be better - too much hard plastic. I had the Ford Flex with Eco Boost higher on my list, but the wife was put off by the styling. The Enclave is a nice car, it just needs more attention to the details.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride

Suggested Improvements

Change front passenger seat to same 8-way functionality as driver's seat - at least as an option, add ambient light package.

Enclave Seats Poorly Designed for Booster Seats
By lbardel

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd & 3rd row seats are almost impossible to buckle using backless &"with-backs" toddler booster seats (infant car seats w/5-point harness are ok). The latch at bottom of the seat does not budge & presses against the booster so tightly, you'll rub your knuckles raw trying to get the buckle in....also, the buckle is slightly angled making things even more difficult. I transport four 5-year-olds to Kndgarten & not one of them can buckle in......I bought 3 different brands of boosters, & nothing helps. There's just not enough room on the seat for the booster to fit against the latch. Buick suggested a belt extender; Buick later said NOT to use extender; they are perplexed for solution.

Favorite Features

(1) DVD option is great; (2) Automatically starting up the car by remote; (3) Automatic rear lift gate; (4) Smooth and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

(1) Wider seats or better placement of seat belt latch to accommodate toddler booster seats; (2) Somewhere to hang dry cleaning; (3) larger storage compartments on driver's and passenger's door.

Nice Car, So Far
By rusgc

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We've had it a week. My wife loves it. It feels big and a little clumsy to me, and I'm used to driving a van. Limited visibility will also take some getting used to. Very comfortable seats. Gas mileage so far is disappointing, less than rated. My opinion on this and most cars now is the electronics are way over done. Too many "features" that aren't necessary. Huge gripe is the lack of hanging hooks inside rear doors, instead they are half way back by the 3rd seat or cargo area. Totally inconvenient for hanging dry cleaning, and the bar I use on vacation to hang clothing. We travel a lot and this silly oversight may have been a decider to go with a Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

Hanging hooks inside rear doors! More glass area for better visibilty. More intuitive electronics, or better yet, less electronic gadgetry.