Used 2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

scary
By staugustine1

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Buick for about two and a half years now and love just about everything about it. It is comfortable, responsive, hold lots of people and things. My only concern is about six months ago my "service air bag" light came on. So I promptly took it to the dealer where they had it for several days and repaired the faulty piece. While I was there I asked the service tech if the airbags would still work if the light was on and he told me NONE of the airbags would have worked in a crash. The light came back on again today so I am bringing it back to the dealership to have it fixed for a second time. This is not some thing that I find acceptable in a 2 1/2 year old car.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the airbags. This is a common safety feature in our cars and it is unacceptable to have this many problems with them. There is no reason why Buick should not be able to get this simple safety feature from malfunctioning. Airbags have been around since 1986. Get it together Buick! (A friend recently got rid of hers because she had it serviced four times for the same problem!)

So far so good.
By rafanna

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Buick for about 7 months now. I like and I am happy I bought it. I do miss my Tahoe everyday though. It was more comforable and the radio was far more supreme than the one in the Enclave. It get about 19 miles to the gallon on average only about 3 more mile than my Tahoe. I do love and enjoy the bluetooth that has great clarity and the sunroof. Over all I am happy, but will go back to a Tahoe probably in a few years.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth and the sunroof

Suggested Improvements

The radio has to be improved for as much as this car cost. The door trimming stains very easily.

Enclave Seats Poorly Designed for Booster Seats
By lbardel

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd & 3rd row seats are almost impossible to buckle using backless &"with-backs" toddler booster seats (infant car seats w/5-point harness are ok). The latch at bottom of the seat does not budge & presses against the booster so tightly, you'll rub your knuckles raw trying to get the buckle in....also, the buckle is slightly angled making things even more difficult. I transport four 5-year-olds to Kndgarten & not one of them can buckle in......I bought 3 different brands of boosters, & nothing helps. There's just not enough room on the seat for the booster to fit against the latch. Buick suggested a belt extender; Buick later said NOT to use extender; they are perplexed for solution.

Favorite Features

(1) DVD option is great; (2) Automatically starting up the car by remote; (3) Automatic rear lift gate; (4) Smooth and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

(1) Wider seats or better placement of seat belt latch to accommodate toddler booster seats; (2) Somewhere to hang dry cleaning; (3) larger storage compartments on driver's and passenger's door.

Could Be the Best SUV
By paulie10

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery of my new 2011 Enclave. I looked at many SUV type vehicles and kept coming back to the Buick it has real seats for adults in the 2nd row, they also slide forward and back for more rear or leg room. Cargo space in the back is very adequate as well. Leather, fit and finish is as good as any. Ride and quietness of the cabin interior is far better than most. The V6 pulls like a V8 with power to spare. The looks are curvey,sporty and apealing. To save some grief while at the dealer have them activate for you On Star, and have them install the Navigation Disc. In case there is a problem. Fuel Mileage is as posted not bad not great. Around 20 MPG So far I am pleased with the Enclave

Favorite Features

The entire layout in front of the driver. The view is easy on the eyes and very apealing. The touch screen for the radio and Navigation system is quite nice as well. traffic reports linked with en route navi is a nice touch as well. The power liftgate comes in handy when you have your arms full of groceries you can just push the fob and open the tailgate. Power ,ride and quietness are most appealing espicially on a trip. The XM radio and its features are nice. Same station many music choices,well worth the cost. The 115 volt plug should great with a laptop have not tried that yet. Easy entrance and exit of the vehicle. Running boards should not required.

Suggested Improvements

The seat belt is anchored to the floor so if you raise the seat up you have to extend more of the seat belt to engage making for a little snugger fit than confortable. Just make the seat belt around 6 inches longer. Perfect.

Encore Enclave
By steves1961

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This our second Enclave. Our first was a 2008. Best Crossover on the Market. Handles well, plenty of interior Room for the family. Great quality and ride. Toatlly satisified with the Enclave .

Favorite Features

Styling and design inside and out is second to none. Smooth ride. Handles great for its size. Plenty of interior room. Very comfortable. Rearview camera is a great safety tool.

Suggested Improvements

Noe