Used 2011 Buick Enclave CXL2 SUV Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Worst car Ive ever bought
By F Sangen

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ive always bought american cars, that being said, This is the worst car Ive ever owned. Its nice looking and has all the features Ive wanted. The MPG is terrible. The worst thing about this car is its an absolute lemon. The first few months I had it the airbag lights went on. It was in the shop multiple times and they finally had to rewire the airbag system. At 12000 miles the engine light came on and car shut down 4 hours away from home after waiting 5 hours for roadside assistance they towed me an hour away. I got a loaner car and had to leave it up there. It ended up being a bent valve and the head had to be machined. I got it back 3 weeks later after having to drive back up 4 hours to get it. I have a problem with the gas guage that I still have it was back multiple times(they replaced gas tank) and it still does it. It shows 1/4 tank when its empty. Ive had multiple front end components replaced. It runs rough(like a miss) and tach jumps been back multiple times they tell me all the tachs do that. Now charging system is not working replaced battery must be alternator. The car has 52000 miles I bought it in today (thursday )to make appointment. They cant look at it till Wednesday at the soonest, So I dont have a car again. The car is paid off in another 5 months!! So now I dont have a car again. Maybe I should just leave it at dealer. I am a mechanic for railroad and know what Im talking about and dealership is trying to BS me about problems. STAY AWAY

In Town gas mileage BAD
By wml1

13.3 13.6 in town is awful,
I traded 08 Avalanche LTZ for this.
The Avalanche got 14 to 15 in town, so far Buick says it's in spec's I Have been a G.M. owner far over 40yrs won't even try to put a number of car's and truck,s so far I feel like G.M. s really let me down.
other then that it's a very nice, great confort really nice interior, I should have bought the Cad.

Seat's interior,Drive Ride

Use less GAS in town, it's not that great on the road.

2011 Buick Enclave, Gold Mist
By wayne107

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our Enclave in 2/11.
It replaced a 1998 Toyota Avalon. We've put more than 7,000 miles on it driving on trips down to San Diego, and up to Sacramento and Redding.
It is a joy to drive and ride in.
Passengers have commented on its ride and quietness.
So far there has been nothing to require taking it in for service (other than its first oil change) or replacement under warranty.
The Gold Mist color is proving to be a good choice for not showing dust/road grime.
Best gas mileage has been 21.9 on mountainous highway driving at 75 mph.

The dual memory driver seat makes it much easier for switching drivers. The power liftgate with remote opening is greatly appreciated by my wife. The large Nav screen is easier for our aging eyes to see, especially when it's showing us the backup camera view. The heated and cooled front seats have been nice too!

The roof rails are a solid design that limit attachment points for tying down cargo of different sizes. The dash buttons have only symbols, no labels to indicate what the button function is. Some of the symbols are small, and even difficult to determine what they represent. We got the cashmere colored interior so the seats wouldn't absorb too much heat when park outside. But the floor mats and carpets showed so much dirt that I replaced them with black ones after only one week.

Returning to American made
By tomcat7

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We walked out of an Odyssey and haven't look back.
After evaluating about everything we finally settled on the new Enclave.
What a pleasant reward at every drive.
Right out of the "box" on mixed roads, we got 23.8 mpg.
The ride and comfort and goodies compare and for us beat the MB ML, and Lexus GX.
The standard warranty is better that the Arcadia and Traverse with a better list of "standard equipment".
So far so good, and we could not be happier.

Ride, room, 7 passenger seating option, rear hatch, dual sun roof, cruise control that works uphill and down, heated seats, rear camera, GPS, "Infotainment system". Inverter receptacles, usb ports, Blue Tooth and On Star.

Telll me where the Battery is! GM to sponsor and offer "Infotainment system" training. Put a light under the hood Locking gas cap access door

Enclave the beast
By captalvinscott

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most comfortable SUV I've ever driven plus the space and easy method of letting down the seats are awesome.

space and handling of the vehicle is great.

add GM mobile apps