2011 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Good MPG for it's size
By kb5868 on 05/13/14 07:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Enclave with only 20k miles after my lease was up on my 2012 Infiniti EX35. My Enclave gets a consistent 17 mpg in town compared to 15 mpg for the EX. It is easily twice the size of the Infiniti, the primary reason for not getting another EX lease - no one could fit in the back seat! So, for a vehicle that is nearly as large as my Yukon Denali, I'm fairly impressed with the gas mileage. everyone has their opinions, but I was puzzled by all the comments about how 2-3 mpg was bankrupting people that bought $45k cars and were considering $60k cars with better MPG to make up the difference. Different econ class than I had in high school I guess...LOL!

scary
By staugustine1 on 08/12/13 19:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Buick for about two and a half years now and love just about everything about it. It is comfortable, responsive, hold lots of people and things. My only concern is about six months ago my "service air bag" light came on. So I promptly took it to the dealer where they had it for several days and repaired the faulty piece. While I was there I asked the service tech if the airbags would still work if the light was on and he told me NONE of the airbags would have worked in a crash. The light came back on again today so I am bringing it back to the dealership to have it fixed for a second time. This is not some thing that I find acceptable in a 2 1/2 year old car.

19 months in, tearing my hair out over the gas bills
By bigbaddave on 08/06/13 10:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wrote my first review after driving the Enclave for a week; we've had it now for 19 months. We bought it to transport my teenage daughter and her friends around and it's been a great success. They love the luxurious leather seats, the sound system and the great ride. The back seats fold down in a variety of ways and you can transport pretty much whatever you want. The main drawback is the awful fuel consumption on the AWD version, which is less even than the 15 mpg Buick claims it will get. Our lease runs out at the end of 2014 and we'd like to buy the Enclave, even though it will be a bit big for two people, but I think we'll downsize to a BMW X3 or the Audi Q5 just to save money on gas.

Good and Bad
By enclave774 on 12/15/11 13:23 PM (PST)

2011 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. We got it to drive on highway trips and that's all we use it for. My previous Lexus 350 caused Sacrum pain after long drives. Six weeks in physical therapy at $600+/week definitely makes a few miles per gallon mileage difference a non-issue. If you want a performance vehicle get something else. The Enclave definitely is a land cruiser.

Like an ocean liner (a thirsty one though)
By bigbaddave on 12/15/11 07:54 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the CXL1 AWD for a week and am still adapting to a vehicle that reminds me of an ocean liner. It's very stately and is not the kind of crossover you'd want to be manoeuvring in a tight parking lot. My wife wanted a leather-seated vehicle, so I test drove the Toyota Highlander, Subaru Outback, Mazda CX9, Acura MDX and Chevrolet Traverse. The Enclave beat the lot. I love the exterior design but some of the interior controls are oddly placed. The gas mileage so far has been disappointing (no shocks there) and I haven't yet worked out a totally comfortable seating arrangement. My 15-year-old daughter though says the Enclave is "sick", which is a great compliment coming from her.

So far so good.
By rafanna on 12/02/11 06:07 AM (PST)

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Buick for about 7 months now. I like and I am happy I bought it. I do miss my Tahoe everyday though. It was more comforable and the radio was far more supreme than the one in the Enclave. It get about 19 miles to the gallon on average only about 3 more mile than my Tahoe. I do love and enjoy the bluetooth that has great clarity and the sunroof. Over all I am happy, but will go back to a Tahoe probably in a few years.

Follow Up On Earlier Review
By rusgc on 10/07/11 19:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just completed 3500 mile trip with new Enclave, I'm adding to earlier review. Ride is excellant and it's quiet. It's a big car, I didn't get used to the size as I thought I would with driving time. Poor outward visibility, and lack of maneuverability in tight spaces, i.e., parking garages, and busy parking lots is my biggest complaint. Gas mileage is disappointing, hoped for rated mileage at least, but it's 1 or 2 mpg less than rated. Interior conveniences are either lacking or too small to be useful. We've had minivans for years, nothing beats them for travelling convenience so I'm biased on these points. Overall, it's a comfortable, nice, if not exciting or "fun" to drive, car.

Quiet, refined, but...
By flablueovalfan on 09/27/11 07:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There is much to like about the '11 Buick Enclave. It provides a serene, luxurious ride. However, there are a few inexplicable and obvious nods to cost cutting that do not belong in a $50,000+ vehicle of this class. I particularly dislike the fact that the front passenger seat cushion adjusts front to back only - no angle adjustment! And is it to much to ask for some ambient interior lighting - like my $15,000 less expensive '11 Mustang GT has? A few bits of interior materials could be better - too much hard plastic. I had the Ford Flex with Eco Boost higher on my list, but the wife was put off by the styling. The Enclave is a nice car, it just needs more attention to the details.

Enclave Seats Poorly Designed for Booster Seats
By lbardel on 09/16/11 11:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd & 3rd row seats are almost impossible to buckle using backless &"with-backs" toddler booster seats (infant car seats w/5-point harness are ok). The latch at bottom of the seat does not budge & presses against the booster so tightly, you'll rub your knuckles raw trying to get the buckle in....also, the buckle is slightly angled making things even more difficult. I transport four 5-year-olds to Kndgarten & not one of them can buckle in......I bought 3 different brands of boosters, & nothing helps. There's just not enough room on the seat for the booster to fit against the latch. Buick suggested a belt extender; Buick later said NOT to use extender; they are perplexed for solution.

Nice Car, So Far
By rusgc on 08/07/11 14:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We've had it a week. My wife loves it. It feels big and a little clumsy to me, and I'm used to driving a van. Limited visibility will also take some getting used to. Very comfortable seats. Gas mileage so far is disappointing, less than rated. My opinion on this and most cars now is the electronics are way over done. Too many "features" that aren't necessary. Huge gripe is the lack of hanging hooks inside rear doors, instead they are half way back by the 3rd seat or cargo area. Totally inconvenient for hanging dry cleaning, and the bar I use on vacation to hang clothing. We travel a lot and this silly oversight may have been a decider to go with a Lexus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick Enclave in VA is:

$129 per month*