Used 2011 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

What the heck is an Enclave
By Roy Young

2011 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Outstanding in all areas EXCEPT gas mileage, kinda sad.

DO NOT BUY
By ROGER GIROIR

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

HAD TO CHANGE MOTOR MOUNTS TWICE IN CAR. A/C BROKE IN FIRST MONTH. OVERPRICED. BEEN IN THE SHOP OVER TWENTY TIMES AND GMC DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.

Do Not Buy a Buick
By Leaks

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2011 Buick Enclave with 113,000 miles: A/C has never worked properly, the car body leaks water into the interior when it rains, the suspension is noisy, the car has been in the shop multiple times with less than crappy support from the local dealer but I see where that customer care support comes from when I called the Buick hot line and was a given a number to document our call with no resolution to the problem.

Make a mistake going from my Tahoe to this
By Anna S

2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I gave up my Tahoe to go to this because my two older children had moved out of the house and I did not need such a large vehicle. I intended on keeping this car for many years and giving it my daughter when she started driving. It has been in the shop with so many issues we now intend on trading it in next year and going back to a Tahoe. We have had problems from the motor mount, the drive train, the axle bearings and several other things. Thank goodness we had bought an extended warranty so we have not had much out of pocket cost. The Buick dealership has been very nice and apologetic about all the problems. It is a comfortable car but it is not as comfortable as I feel it should be.

Good MPG for it's size
By kb5868

2011 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Enclave with only 20k miles after my lease was up on my 2012 Infiniti EX35. My Enclave gets a consistent 17 mpg in town compared to 15 mpg for the EX. It is easily twice the size of the Infiniti, the primary reason for not getting another EX lease - no one could fit in the back seat! So, for a vehicle that is nearly as large as my Yukon Denali, I'm fairly impressed with the gas mileage. everyone has their opinions, but I was puzzled by all the comments about how 2-3 mpg was bankrupting people that bought $45k cars and were considering $60k cars with better MPG to make up the difference. Different econ class than I had in high school I guess...LOL!

Roominess, highway stability and ride, reasonable MPG for it's size, resale value ( MUCH better than my Infiniti EX - good thing that was a lease or it would have been a huge loss)

Hate the transmission characteristics - the roll back, the high revs on accel from a stop. I get it, looking for MPG and peak torque, but annoying in it's operation. Steering wheel blocks instruments for taller people at any seat height or tilt/telescope position.

• SUV